*** Approved 140_takes_4ever WAC030015XXXX ***

140_takes_4ever said:
people like gopher, who contribute in so many different ways, they always kept the spirit of this forum high. You guys are responsible for making the 485 CSC forum the community it has become not to mention the best source of information for a prospective applicant.

It is terrific to see your approval buddy! Enjoy your freedom! Your contribution has been phenomenal even in the presence of critics like myself. Thank you!

congrats

Thank u for sharing a part of ur experiences w/ all of us on the forum. U and the others (e.g. kashmer etc......) have been both sources of encouragement and information. Goodluck in the new found freedom :) :) :)

CONGRATULATIONS

Wow!!!! Now that's an approval i am happy about even though your RD is months after my RD :p

Were you one of the plantiff's in the lawsuit? Curious to know how many plaintiff are still awaiting approval.

Here's the customary......enjoy the freedom

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

I am very happy for you 140_takes_4ever.

You have been a significant contributor to this forum and I sincerely wish well and the very best in your life.

Regards,
Pathapati

congrats & thank you

wanted to be one among many to congratulate you on this key milestone in your immigrant life and also wanted to thank you for your advice and help on this forum that has benefited me personally.

long_wait

Congratulations

Hope you remember a veteran of this forum, after a long time I just had look on this forum and I saw your approval, that's good news. It feels good when you saw some old timers on the forum getting approved.

Congratulations
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you all for the kind words and wishes. Truly appreciate it. It has been a long wait and I am glad that I made some great friends along the way. It would have definitely been a lot more lonely and boring, not to mention frustrating to have waited this long alone, without such a strong support group.

Many thanks to all of you for accompaning me on this journey, to all of you who haven't received your approvals yet, I wish you luck. To the ones who have received your approval, I beg you not to leave this fight unfought. We must stick together so we can eliminate this menace of backlogs.

sgi said:
Were you one of the plantiff's in the lawsuit? Curious to know how many plaintiff are still awaiting approval.
Technically I wasn't a plaintiff, I was supposed to be on the first list, but due to some delays in getting my paperwork to Rajiv in time, I was left off the list.

But if I had to put a number of plaintiffs who hadn't yet received their approvals, I would have to say very very few if any. I think most of them have already been approved.

Stamping experience at San Jose Service center 8/16/04

I went for stamping this morning, and my experiences at the INS office in San Jose are as follows: (the main thread for the same can be found here)

Stamping experience at San Jose Service center 8/16/04

Received my approval letter in the mail on Saturday, and after having waiting 39 months for the damn thing, wasn't going to lose any more time. Was up at 4:00 am on Monday morning, and managed to get in line by 5:00 am. Office opened at 7:00 am, got inside the building and took a number at 7:40 am. Was the 20th person in the 'D' group (PP stamping), and had my passport stamped at 8:40 am. I was told that I would receive the card in 3 - 6 months.

Documents taken for stamping:
1. 2 passport photographs (from Costco)
2. Passport
3. I-94
4. 2-EAD's
5. 4-AP's.

Now for the long version and conclusions:
1. I was 46th in line at 5:00 am, stood for close to 3 hours, and sat for 1 hour. There weren't so many people behind me, I was probably at the midway mark. So I guess it makes sense to go a little later, get your sleep in, and reaching anytime before 6:00 am is good.
2. Though it is summer, it was slightly cold, nothing a light jacket couldn't manage.
3. If you aren't the first 10 people to arrive, it makes sense to get one of those camping chairs, (the light aluminum ones), the people who bought those chairs seemed a lot more comfortable than I did.
4. The rent-a-mob, seems to have a more American face these days than before, and they are slightly less rude, but very slightly.
5. As mentioned in countless other posts, you cannot take anything inside the building, other than papers. Food, water, weapons, camera's, laptop's, cell phones with camera's need to left outside.
6. There was this super efficient woman at counter #11 who was cranking out the 'D' tokens like no one's business. While there were many different categories, (C, I, H, etc.) none of the others had made it to a count of 6, before D reached 20. Offcourse having 4 counters for stamping must have definitely helped, but this one woman did the bulk of the work.
7. While waiting for my paper work to be accepted, I sneaked a peek at the computer screen they were typing at, the database seems to be pretty darn fast, she typed my A# and less than a second later, my case was pulled up.
8. Another interesting observation was that the moment the IIO calls a number a little timer goes off that actually measures how long each clerk takes to deal with a case. I am sure this is used for training and bonus purposes, in which case, it will do wonders for the INS efficiency.
9. The stamp is definitely very anti-climatic, can't believe we have spent years waiting for this little unimpressive stamp. I am hoping the card will make up for it, but I doubt that.
10. Oh and you need to be on the look out for the CIS board, because otherwise you will just miss it in the dark and have to make a U turn.

CONGRATULATIONS.......

WE ARE ALL VERY HAPPY TO SEE YOUR APPROVAL....

SMILES ALL THE WAY

WAC 02-093-56*****

A Silent admirer of you all......

Congratulations !!

I am very pleased to hear your approval just before my leaving this I-485 CSC forum.
I believe we have won the I-485 backlog reduction against the CSC.

Enjoy your freedom,
-kashmir

Congratulations.

It is always good to see approval of people who have worked hard for this community.

I wish you all the very best in your future endeavors.

Cheers

congrats. so it is now confirmed... they don't send 2nd FP until the file is with the officer ready for adjudication. One of my friend (Aug 2002 filer) got approval last week, within a month after 2nd FP. His case also disappeared before approval.