Approved 140 & 485 same day JUNE 23 2004

NJabc123

Registered Users (C)
Guys .,

MY I 140 & I 485 approved together on the same day. Today .June 23 2004.

I cant belive my self but it is true .

Thank You very much for all your help and Thank you very much to Rajiv for this site.

140&485 Concurrent filled on May 2003
Done First FP : May 5 2004
RFE on 140 April 5 2004
Send RFE on June 5 2004
Approved on June 23 2004 Both 140 & 485

NJabc123 said:
Guys .,

MY I 140 & I 485 approved together on the same day. Today .June 23 2004.

I cant belive my self but it is true .

Thank You very much for all your help and Thank you very much to Rajiv for this site.

140&485 Concurrent filled on May 2003
Done First FP : May 5 2004
RFE on 140 April 5 2004
Send RFE on June 5 2004
Approved on June 23 2004 Both 140 & 485
Congrats. That looks like real FO memo in action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats NJabc123...

You seem to be the first beneficiary of FO memo. :)

Guys, is it time to party yet ????

Jharkhandi said:
Congrats. That looks like real FO memo in action.
That is true but I do not understand why this is so intermittent. They are approving concurrently filed 140 without 485. I have atleast two friends who fall in this category.

I guess they are just confused and that may be the reason why dates this week have not yet come out too.

dazzling said:
That is true but I do not understand why this is so intermittent. They are approving concurrently filed 140 without 485. I have atleast two friends who fall in this category.

I guess they are just confused and that may be the reason why dates this week have not yet come out too.

Maybe they have picked some cases randomly to implement the Ohata memo. The rest are probably being processed the old way.

dazzling said:

Well these are lucky test cases. Also do not forget that people of late 2002 and early 2003 NDs (little earlier than NJabc123's case) are getting 485 approved too. Looks like VSC is all set to remove backlog.

I just hope they do not decrease the speed of 140 approvals.

congrats

It is really refreshing change.

Am in for something here?....My RFE response was received on June 7th. FP done (don't know about name check). 4 months passed since FP results received.

If I am lucky enough to get the I140 cleared...will I485 happen !!! If it can then I should buy a lottery ticket immediately.

Congratulations dude. Awesome news !!

My notice date is May 15th 2003. I hope to get approval too if they are working may 2003 cases.

RFE Issued on 4/27/04
RFE Replied on 5/6/04

FP Done 03/03/04

Congrats Njabc

Could you tell us about yout RFEs? your second RFE was for 140 or 485?
Did you initiate a query with USCIS for your 140?

-Thanks

did you receive 2 RFEs??

NJabc...did you receive 2 RFEs. I don't see in your posting.

GC...We had initiated a query for my I140. Within a week they issued an RFE on I140. Now have to see about I485..will it be an RFE.

rajudm said:
NJabc...did you receive 2 RFEs. I don't see in your posting.

GC...We had initiated a query for my I140. Within a week they issued an RFE on I140. Now have to see about I485..will it be an RFE.

You are right Raju.. It was a 'sleep' of 'eye'.

Raju may be you are next in queue. let us know your good news. we all are waiting..

Congrats . I do think there is an unofficial "test project" going on at VSC to reduce the backlogs..I don' think this has to do with FO memo because according to that app filed after Apr 30 th 04 will be processed concurrently but all these cases from 03 mostly from ( feb to Jun) .

Hopefully they will start issuing FP's for ppl beyond June 03.

hmd said:
I don' think this has to do with FO memo because according to that app filed after Apr 30 th 04 will be processed concurrently but all these cases from 03 mostly from ( feb to Jun) .

hmd,

That is totally not correct. The memo does not state that app filed after Apr 30 will be processed concurrently but that ALL concurrent applications (new and pending) will be processed together. Why this has not been happening for more cases is a point of conjecture.

sertra2002 said:
hmd,

That is totally not correct. The memo does not state that app filed after Apr 30 will be processed concurrently but that ALL concurrent applications (new and pending) will be processed together. Why this has not been happening for more cases is a point of conjecture.

just went back and read the memo again .yep your right . I got confused with pilot project at CSC . Thankgod for my signature.. :D

One only RFE on 140 , No RFE on 485

REF is related to Experience letters . After we responded the RFE , I got approvals of both on the same day.