Approved 10/11/02

Goanese Food

Dont know what its called in Konkani, but my all time favourite is, the Spicy and Tangy Shrimp Curry with Rice.

I am literally drooling at this time, just thinking about it.

;) :p :D

Guys Stop This :)

Guys,

You should stop doing this early in the morning, I might go in for lunch right now.

Incidentally, I got Surmai (Vison) Curry w/rice. One of my favorites - Teesryo (Shell fish) Sukhe. It has been ages since I last had it..

Cheers

Ambya Sasam

Equally :D
I have seen your id and that of PhoaUpkari few times. Never looked at it carefully.
There was a konkani conference in Houston. I talked to a few people who attended it. Man.. food they served had everything we are talking here and more !!!

July16 ... u may be refering to /Shrimp/Prawns Balchao

180DaysGuy, can I join u for lunch today? Visvon and Teesryo :D :D :D

cmon guys

Its dasra today and we were planning on eating all veggie today.

Plan was to have dalitoy and tendle bhutthi.

Happy dasera to all !

july16

Have you ever had surmai fry and bangda curry at Saayba ( bandra) or Gomantak ( Shivaji Park).

Also very good joints are Mahesh lunch home and Poornima ( fort side)

Well Well. Looks like lots of you people relish sea food. I am not a sea food eater. I am a see food eater. I see food and I eat as long as it is veggi. My wife loves all these stuff.

Re: july16

Originally posted by phoaupkari
Have you ever had surmai fry and bangda curry at Saayba ( bandra) or Gomantak ( Shivaji Park).

Also very good joints are Mahesh lunch home and Poornima ( fort side)

Yes have tried all of them, and my personal favourite is Mahesh.

also there is a Guy at Dhobi Talao, near Metro who has the best Shrimp and Bangda Fry, and his chutney is Out of this world.

Phoaupkari

I see a small conflict in your posts. First you talk about Dasera and then the very next post you talk about Bangda... :D

Kat0520

Originally posted by Kat0520
Well Well. Looks like lots of you people relish sea food. I am not a sea food eater. I am a see food eater. I see food and I eat as long as it is veggi. My wife loves all these stuff.

Kat0520

If you are from Bombay or at any time visit Bombay.

For Veggie lovers there is a Bhatt Chai wala just below the Cotton green Railway station, whose side business is Vada Paaw, and people consume more vada paaw then chai.

Not to forget the Paaw Bhaji wala Sardarji at Tardeo, and the Famous Hajiali Veggie Pizza.

There is another very small restaurant near Dockyard Road Railway station, who is very very famous for his Usal Paaw and Misal Paaw, and thats all he sells.

Guys looks like we have taken over gbaliga's thread, sincere apologies gbaliga.

Re: So Many of them in Bombay!

Originally posted by Girish Rajput
Mahesh Lunch Home, Apoorva , Delhi Dhaba etc. etc.
Not to forget the kebabs and Tandoori from Bade Miyan

I am food junkie and you are really making my mouth water now.

One of the ones I picked up a taste for recently when I was there is the Bombay Brasserie in Worli near Poonam Chambers!
They serve an exceelent Buffet for 350 Rs. per person.

Girish Rajput

Dang how could I forget bade Miyan behind Taj and right next to it is a Irani Restaurant who is also very famous for his Chilli Chicken, also Bacchu Ni Wadi's Seekh Paratha.

When Myself and my wife had our first meeting at Persian Darbar she asked me what my hobby was, and I replied Eating, and when I asked her what her hobby was, she replied Cooking, and the rest is history.

:D :D :D

surmai fry and bangda curry

hmmmmm Yummy !!!

These are my favourites too. I liked Jayprakash restaurant opp to Goregaon Stn, their food are awesome... btw their receipes are in Manglorian style ...

What abt Wada Pav in Dadar??

:D

Congrats gbaliga!

There are Ambyasasam and Phoaupkari, is there any OONDO, MANDO or Pathrodo? (Usernames so unique, you can smell the dishes :D )

-P_A