approval without interview for transfer case??

gchope2

Registered Users (C)
My case was transferred to Boston office on July 12 from VSC. Today, I went to inquire the transfer status since I haven;t heard anything from Boston office. I was told my file is with Boston office, but it's under background checking and no interview date assigned yet. To my surprise, the officer there told me that I might not get an interview. What they might do, if there is no problem with background checking, is to approve my I485 directly without interview and send the result to VSC and I will get an approval notice from VSC. It might take up to 3-4 month.

Has anyone heard this before? What kind of background checking they are doing? Is it with FBI, is there a way I can check if it's cleared? It sounds very suspicious to me. I had an approved I-140.

Thanks for any information.

I-485 transferred to boston

My wife's case is also transferred to boston on june 17th 2004. So far there is no reply, they said it will take 3,4 months to get an interview letter. Never heard of any back ground check, sound strange.Everything is going so slow.

gchope, did u get any email regarding yr case been transferred to Boston? Did the email mention anything about local office will inform you once processing is complete or local office will send you interview letter?

Please advise.

Thanks
RD 2/02
TD NY 6/04

Boston 74,

yes, I got 4 emails on July 12 on transfer, two for me, two for my spouse. I am the primary applicant. On my email, it says Boston office will schedule and conduct interview. But in my spouse's email, it says the case is transferred, and a notice will be send out once the decision is made by Boston office. Didn't mention interview in my spouse's email.

doesn't such a difference in email count anything? Also, I heard people got interview letter 3 weeks after transfer to Boston office.

i have never heard of any case being approved so far without an interview when it was transferred to a local office. this is new.if there are people who may have any knowledge please write. thanks

gchope2 said:
What kind of background checking they are doing? Is it with FBI, is there a way I can check if it's cleared? It sounds very suspicious to me. I had an approved I-140.

QUOTE]

Hi, I think it should be name/background check with FBI. You can call FBI at 202-324-2399 to check if yours has been cleared or not (leave the message there with your requiry and they will call you back within some days. also please get your A number ready when you call them.)

NJJ

Mine was transferred to Boston office on May 7th. Still no news from Boston office. It has been 41/2 months now. Still waiting.........

Feedback 485 cases transferred to local office

Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office. For transferred applications officially there is no date as such. The only way to know the status of the case is to talk to Immigration officer by fixing an appointment through Infopass. I really have no idea how much really congressman or senator can help.

I contacted the senator John Warner's office today morning, the lady who handles the immigration related issues said that we can only inquire with the district office only if we didn't receive any response after 6 months the case is transferred.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september, 2004. It can take up to 6 months in the normal course of time for the interview to be scheduled. In some cases it might be in 1 -4 months time also.

All the people whose cases are transferred have to keep their spirit up and wait for the decision/interview letter thats all i can tell guys after researching from last 4-5 days extensively.