Approval Trend: Only RFE cases ??

CoolBangy

Registered Users (C)
Looks like most cases approved (which is trickling in through some unplugged cracks in INS) are RFE cases.

I guess its the new mandatory IBIS check delay that has done us in.

And just when we think, we will be done with it in a week or 2 ..this other thing might start ...> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Articleshow.asp?art_id=12081701

Of course, the above story has more things to get people concerned, but for most people in this board, the immediate concern will be
"...yet another delay ??? " with INS being pulled in for this proposed new FingerPrinting work ?

- A Waiting Sep ND applicant

Out of 10 June approvals 3 were RFE cases and 1 was an interview case!!!

Of late they are approving lotsa RFE cases & trasferring quite a few cases to local offices but I see regualar approvals too. Going by numbers approval rate has come down drastically from what it was before April 12th.....

I also noticed some old cases getting approved. May be CSC is focussing on clearing out old & RFE cases as their fiscal year is ending in a couple of months.

whatever it is...our frustrating unknown waiting continues.....

Chapter 11 + RFE = KILLER?!!

Employer is now in Chapter 11 and cutting 40% pay. And underpay made my W2 for last year very ugly too. Worried that an RFE can easily kill me and then I\'ll be a double victim. ND Sept 2002, WAC 289, H1B EB3. Fingerprint done. Any expert can give me some advice? Thanks a lot! - Anxious waiter

RFE replied on 05/15/02...

RFE replied on 05/15/02...still waiting for response

bbad

This may sound strage ...

Here\'s my theory... We are seeing approvals on 2-3 work days in a week. I think that with the new IBIS system, the computer is shared between different types of cases and/or departments.

I agree - Sharing resources

Last windfall when we got approvals for a reasonable bunch of folks was the May 22nd week.

Since then, looks like ( for people on this board), there were 12 approvals in Jun - but mostly for cases that were already assigned long time back - those who had RFEs and replied - or those who had interviews ..
The rest of the folks like me have no clue where their case is at the moment - and no point calling the IIO

Hence, I guess the sharing theory is right - which means the I485 cases gets its share of the IBIS machine on a rotation basis - and it probably aint our turn yet ..

Looking optmistically - when our turn does come - maybe in a week or two - we might see a real windfall again :))

/CoolBangy ( Rd=8/27, ND=9/10,FP=2/6)