Approval trend after 2nd FP?

PCee

Registered Users (C)
Any approval after second FP after they expired?

I know there are several cases with Sept-Dec NDs and FPs got expired (15 months) and did second FP recently. Wanted to find out how long it is taking to get approval after 2nd FP. Any AVM updates? All openions/speculations/experiences are welcome.

- PCee

EB1
wac-02-040
ND 11-16-2001

1st FP expired on 04-24-03,
2nd FP notice on 04-17-03,
2nd FP done today,
RFE (EVL, W2 et al) recieved by INS on 12-11-2002

one puzzle is INS touched my case with my replied RFE, why INS mailed the 2nd FP notice, not just approve it.

when the INS receive the redo-FP, what is the online message? it may say "it will take 160-180 days" again?

I have not seen any approval so far after 2nd FP, I think they are sending 2nd FP notice to cases which they wanted to approve and finding that FP has been expired. And by the time they get 2nd FP results your application is already gone back in "Q".
After 2nd FP, again they have 15 months to approve(?) your case

do you suggest to go to the FP appointement or earlier?

Last time in 12/01 I went there 3 weeks earlier but it didn't help moving my case forward since I am still waiting. Now I have a convocation for June and I thought that I could go earlier since it is really close by.

Is is better to do early (second) FP?

If possible do it early, I guess it may help. I think we had this discussion app. at the time we did our first FPs too. At that time the collective openion on this board was if it is about time for adjucation it is better to do early FP. It did work for several people in that way too, but in my case and as well as all those who are doing 2nd FP now -the result may be negetive. For us by doing early FP now our FPs expired app. a month early!

I hope now BCIS won't sit on our cases another 15 months so we don't need to worry about FPs expiring again. I also hope that once these 2nd FPs get cleared they will approve these cases on priority basis and doing early FP will sure help.

-PCee

FP expiration

Hi Guys

Does any one know if FP get expired after 15 months?

I have done my FP in Jan '02 . Am I up for renewal ?

Thanks!!

EB3
wac-02-046
ND 11-21-2001.

1st FP expired on 04-17-03,
2nd FP notice on 05-05-03,
2nd FP done 05-09-03,
RFE (EVL, W2 2yrs,3 pystb) received on 05-02-2003.
RFE (EVL, W2 2yrs,3 pystb) replied on 05-12-2003.

Deeps

mera kya hoga re kaliya?

Originally posted by PCee
WAC 01-291 and did my 2nd FP on 04/26 and no updates on the case yet.
-PCee

If WAC01-291 is still in waiting...
I guess I dont have to keep checking often.
Mine & my spouse's : wac02-129

Yes, FP Checks expire exactly after 15 months. One should count 15 months from the day INS/BCIS received FPCheck results, not from the exact day one did FPs (note that normally AVM will be updated with "FP results received and Processing resumed on.." message when INS/BCIS receives FP results).

devarak,
Based on your posts to this board you did your FP on 01/28/02 and Processing resumed on your case on 01/31/02 so your FPChecks expired on 05/01/03.

Also note that there are couple of lucky cases where they got approvals even after their FPChecks expired.

-PCee

deeps0,

Looks like your case is currently in active status (sitting on some one's desk and that person is working on your case currently). Probably you will get your approval with in a week or so.

Goodluck
PCee

PCEE

You are correct, on January 31, 2002 , my FP was recieved by the INS.

Looks like my FP has expired. In such cases, does the INS send us another FP notice or do we have to proactively inform the INS that the FP has expired?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pcee,
I hope you are right.

I myself is quite optimistic of getting approval in a month.

Deeps

IIO told me that officer will send 2nd FP if he see's a need for it, ... which clearly means, they send it when they see ur app ..

My case has been transferred

My WAC is 01-297-xxxxx, i had my second FP done in march. Last week my message got updated to your case has been transferred to the local office on may 7th...blah blah. I dont know if I will really see the end of this tunnel:(

swara,
I am sorry to hear that you got transferred rather than getting approval. I hope and wish that you get your approval soon.

Goodluck
PCee

Swara,

Sorry to hear that, Do you have any idea why your case might have got transferred to local INS ? I don't see any logical reason behind this.
What is local INS office ?

I know it is very easy to say don't worry every thing will be all right but it is difficult to accept ,still I would say good luck.