Approval Process for those whose PD is now current

Hi,
Can you elaborate how you managed to apply for AOS and still apply for CP. Is this still possible? I thought this loophole was closed?

I thought the strategy listed below was no longer possible?
Apply for AOS (with EAD and AP) wait for EAD and AP to be approved, then submit I-824 to switch to CP ?

I also checked the Mumbai Consulate Website for June 2007 appointments for Green Card Interviews.
I have been scheduled for 6/26/2007 for a visa appointment.

You may get an answer if you look up this thread...

This is one of the threads you get to see as soon as you enter the portal, I believe.

Consular Processing Issues-Immigrant Visas (Green Card) (5 Viewing)
Note from Rajiv: INS has indicated that it will consider an I-485 to have been abandoned if an I-824 requesting Consular Processing is received by them. This is bad news. So far we have been processing consular processing cases hoping that I-..............

I had filled for 485 and received my EAD and AP.

A while later applied for CP. To do that you need to file a 824. In theory the 824 has to be approved and then sent to the NVC which then forwards the paperwork to the designated consulate when your PD becomes current.

Mumbai Consulate is one of those few consulates that have the ability to generate the case based on the 824 receipt (Which means you dont have to wait for the 824 approval or the NVC). When I filed for 824 my lawyer submitted the receipt and necessary paperwork to Mumbai Consulate which issued me a BMB number in May 2005.

Now that my PD is current they issued me an appointmet.
The 824 application is still pending approval.

Ironically I have had a change on my 485 and the recorded message says that they have mailed the document which was manufactured by the USCIS based on an earlier approval of this case.

At this point I am waiting to receive this Document and see what it is. I have also contacted my lawyer to figure out the next steps.

Meanwhile I have asked my father to collect the appointment letter from Mumabi Consulate, Schedule an appointment for Medical with one of the hospitals and I will be going to the Indian Consulate in NY to get the PCC.

Hope this helps.