Approval of transfered cases

Yes, my case has been pending since 2004 and finally got approval on June 1st 2007.....

let me know if you need any other info....

Hi pakalab,

Did you go to an interview and if yes how did it go? What king of documents did the officer asked to see?

Best of Luck,

Got Aprrove latter finally (cas was trasnferred)

Friends ,

I have got approval notice from my local service center Newark that my case has been approved and I will get green card in 6 months . they said on every Wedenesday I can go and stamp my passport if needed .

PD : July 2002
Interview done on July 2006

Finally done .

Thanks
Shailesh

NO My status at USCIS website still shows that my file has been transfferred to local office . I think once you moved to local there is no change on message . I directly received letter from local office .

kewl, thanks for the reply. Did you ever have to visit them and ask for a status or were they good enough to just send an approval!

Do they call for interview if name checks are completed?

EB3 world
PD 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
No I did not go to check my status ,actually once PD become current I was thinking about Infopass but I thought let me wait atleas one month and fortunetly it was done before one month .

Mani ,

Yes I did have interviewd on July 2005 and I think that time they send interview latter after complting name check and other formalities . They did not approved my case because of Pd wasn't current . You guys will hear something from local office very soon . They may go by pds . Good Luck !!

mistry25,
I am also in the same position you are?, Did you get the stamping on your passport?. Its now 30days after my approval letter came and i am worried about the card. do you think it better to go and get greencard stamped on the passport?, they might ask more questions...this is my concern/

what do you say>, please advice.

Revoke485 ,

It is a better idea to get passport stamp , I will wait few more days and will go to local office and have my passport stamp . I do not think they will ask any question because the person who will stamp your passport will be a different person and I guess he or she will just check approval letter and visa allocation . On approval letter there will be a visa allocation or category and also it is clearly mentioned in that letter . As we have approval letter it is just formalities to get stamp . If it is Newark in your case then let me know we will go to gether .

Thanks
shailesh

No I did not go to check my status ,actually once PD become current I was thinking about Infopass but I thought let me wait atleas one month and fortunetly it was done before one month .

Mani ,

Yes I did have interviewd on July 2005 and I think that time they send interview latter after complting name check and other formalities . They did not approved my case because of Pd wasn't current . You guys will hear something from local office very soon . They may go by pds . Good Luck !!

Thanks mistry25

Mistry25,

I am not at newark office, but what i have heard from this forums was it will take 15-20days for the the file to move from local office to VSC and then the VSC will issue the card and it will take another 4 to 6 weeks, so better of waiting for 60 to 90days. but its better to get the passport stamp. I will get the infopass and go for ppstamp.

please do let me know once you get the plastic card, Does your service center is VSC?

if you filed I-485 with VSC and later sent to Local office then local office after interview sends the file to VSC and VSC will send you the card. at the time of Interview did you sign the white form and gave index FP? if YES then it takes file to move back to VSC from Local office about 15-20 days then about 4-6 weeks for the Card

Am in the same boat. I got my 485 Approved from MN local office on June 25. So far I have not recieved any card. I did take an infopass appointment on July5. I did not get the passport stamp. The officer told me that my file has been transfered back to Nebraska and only once they update the system, I can get my passport stamped. They asked me to come back in 30 days. Any one faced similar experience. My online status has not changed since 2004. It states the case has been transfered to local office. Any inputs would be helpful