Approval of previously denied I-140.....

ludhianvi

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I had posted the thread (http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=273457) where I had mentioned that my sister's I-140 was denied (no RFE, just denial for lack of supporting documents). Well, we filed a motion to reopen. This morning, first we got an email that the case has been reopened and a decision will be made in 30 days. Then, couple of hours later, got the approval email. It is a very happy day today for all of us, and I am so happy for my sister and her family that I actually cried when I got the approval email. I didn't even cry when I got my GC approval email.

Couple of questions now:

1. Since this was self-filed NIW, she can change employer whenever she wants, there is no need to stick with the employer for 6 months?

2. They already have an approved EAD from the denied petition (they haven't used it yet). Is it ok to use this EAD now (or whenever your response is to the first question) or need to file a new EAD, just to be of safe side?

3. They had also filed for 485 in last July-August fiasco when USCIS opened the gates. Was that automatically denied when 140 was denied? If it was, then how to reactivate that one based on this new development of approved 140?

I will come back if I have more questions.

Thanks,

Ludhianvi

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Ludhianvi! I read that thread of yours and very glad for this happy outcome. To your questions.
(1) No need to stick with employer, just make sure to continue working in the same field.
(2,3) Check I485 online status, is it still pending or denied. If denied, most likely they can't use old EAD.