approval numbers

bade_babuji

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I did a run on the approval numbers on rupnet and here are the results. None of this may be new to some of you guys who follow 485 processing closely. But I don't and I wanted a high level view of the trend. So here goes...

20% of applicants took less than 9 months from RD for approval
31% of applicants took less than 10 months
22% of applicants took less than 11 months
11% of applicants took less than 12 months
6% of applicants took less than 13 months

The good news for recent filers is that the cases filed in or after Sep 01 seem to be processed faster than the ones who filed before (mysterious ways of the INS).

There is no trend in speed of processing progressing with time i.e. it does not look as though the processing time (time taken to process a case) is getting lower or higher by the month.

The total data I worked on was 195 cases approved after 3/02. If anyone can give me more data I can do the analysis again.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
good work bade babuji

Hi Bade babuji,
excellent analysis ... However I think it would give us a better idea if the analysis was done on ND

Hmm ..

bade_babuji, good work.

I just wanna point out something more here. In the recent months we've seen a considerable slowdown in CSC. A good estimate would be 10-11 months to expect your approval. It used to be 6-7 months. (With RFE's). GODDAMMIT.

I filed almost 9.5 months back. It's frustrating to be kept waiting so long.

And yea I agree, ND matters more than RD does.

Silly Man:
You are not a lawyer. May be if you were .....

But none the less. You'll get it. Don't worry.