Approval Notice

stlrams

Registered Users (C)
My I485 was approved on March 2nd same day as my spouse. My wife got her status updated and she got her approval notice on March 7th. Till now i did not get my approval notice
I called INS 3 to 4 times and i did not get one concrete answer. The status is that they missed to generate the approval notice for some reason and they have ordered the file and they told me it will take a couple of weeks to get the file and once they get the file they will generate the approval notice.

Is anybody in this situation before or known any one in this situation.
How long will it take to get the approval notice.
Please share your experience.

stlrams said:
My I485 was approved on March 2nd same day as my spouse. My wife got her status updated and she got her approval notice on March 7th. Till now i did not get my approval notice
I called INS 3 to 4 times and i did not get one concrete answer. The status is that they missed to generate the approval notice for some reason and they have ordered the file and they told me it will take a couple of weeks to get the file and once they get the file they will generate the approval notice.

Is anybody in this situation before or known any one in this situation.
How long will it take to get the approval notice.
Please share your experience.
Did your attorney get a copy of the approval letter? You can use that for passport stampling.

Nobody got the approval letter. I called INS and they confirmed that the case is approved and they missed generating the approval notice.

No harm in trying to get your passport stamped for I-551 based on your online case status. I have read that some people were able to obtain the stamp based on the printout of online case status.

Kashish

stlrams said:
Nobody got the approval letter. I called INS and they confirmed that the case is approved and they missed generating the approval notice.

Wish the online status was updated . They even did not update the online status. :mad:

Only thing which says my case is approved after i called them they let me know it is approved

My wife got her status updated & she got her approval notice on March 21 ,Case was approved on March 18th .
For primary applicant neither received approval letter nor the online status is updated as approved, spoke with INS officer she said I should be receiving letter in 2 weeks. Still waiting for the letter.

Hi kvsk,
Its been 2 weeks since i first called INS. I called today and they said that the file has been ordered and once they get the file they will send the approval notice.
They are not sure how long this process takes.
Your case my case is identical. Hopefully we get it soon.
In the mean time can we call and ask them just to approve the online status first?

I have seen!!

I have seen people get their stamping done without any kind of letter. Take all the document to your local INS office they can find your case on their computer and stamp it. Then you do not need any approval letter. Hope this helps.

JS