approval notice

Nathang

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My case was approved on Dec 2nd and notice was mailed. How long it will take to receive? Just curious! I am sure there are lot more people who are curious to see their case approved. Wish them all good luck!

thanks

Nathang said:
Friends,

My case was approved on Dec 2nd and notice was mailed. How long it will take to receive? Just curious! I am sure there are lot more people who are curious to see their case approved. Wish them all good luck!

thanks

You should get it today (12/06).
Take the infopass appointment now itself. Don't wait till you get the Approval notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kulfi,

Please clarify, is this the option do I have to choose while making info pass appointment? thanks

It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card. Or, you received an approval letter to come pick up your employment authorization card.

Nathang said:
Kulfi,

Please clarify, is this the option do I have to choose while making info pass appointment? thanks

It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card. Or, you received an approval letter to come pick up your employment authorization card.

I didn't understand your question

Nathang said:
Kulfi,

Which option do I have to choose while taking the appointment at Infopass?

Option 5 in the list " You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp. Only one InfoPass appointment per family needed."

Nathang said:
Kulfi,

Which option do I have to choose while taking the appointment at Infopass?

Yes 5th option.

Also I understand that you have changed your address very recently.
Keep in mind that address change do not get into effect immediately. it may take upto 1 month for them to update address in all your files after you call them and update the address.

This happened to me twice

First - For EAD (1 yr back) - They sent to old address although I changed the address before the Approval.

Second - Spouse (485) - She changed the address by calling 1-800 number 2 weeks before 485 approval, but they still sent the approval notice to the old address.

Luckily I got the Attorney copy for Stamping.

Thanks for letting me know about the address Kulfi, I am aware of that. I have no problem if they sent to my friends address ( which was the correspondence address) or to my address. In anycase, my attorney vill let me know.

one more question to you, how do I know to which INS office they will asked to come? one of my friend who live in San Jose, was asked to come to San Francisco. in such case, where to make the appointment?

Nathang said:
one more question to you, how do I know to which INS office they will asked to come? one of my friend who live in San Jose, was asked to come to San Francisco. in such case, where to make the appointment?

It depends on the Zipcode you enter while making the Infopass Appointment.
Automatically it will select the nearest INS Office.

I received the courtesy approval notice today at my friends address!. My attonrney is yet to receive the original.

Nathang, Congrats!!

Where does your friend live? I mean the address.
I have not received the RFE that was sent Dec 1. My attorny and I live in LA which is very close from CSC. It usually takes one day.

The LUD has changed again today. 3 LUDs after the RFE was sent. Weird...

We both live in San Jose.
I am really surprised about your RFE... any address change etc.. in your case?
call the customer service and talk to a officer...tell them u have not reeived it, so that atleast they can read out the RFE to you.. dont call emergency or customer service rep.. they just read the msg online.

No address change for the last five years.

Nathang, do you have a number to talk with the officer of CSC except the emergency number and 800 number?

I have to call to get the content of the RFE.
Thanks.

Hello Chankuk and SMK,

There is no telephone number to speak with the officer. Best way to reach an officer is call the 1-800 customer service number, choose the option of speak to an immigration officer, then the cust.service rep will come online, tell them that u need to get the content of RFE as you have not received it so far.. (more than a week) she will connect you. they cannot refuse that request.

But DONT make frequent calls to an officer, they do monitor your conversation and note the contents. Be careful about your english. Dont be so polite! thats the catch (some one said!).

Good luck!

This is not my suggestion or advise.. its an experience..... may differ to others

I have made many calls for the last three months, so I don't want to call anymore. I will call the secretary of Cogressman. I talked with her about my case. She likes to call CSC for me. She got a letter from CSC as a response about my case, but I have never received a response about my inquiry.

LUDs changed again today. It's really weird...

Hello Chankuk and SMK,

There is no telephone number to speak with the officer. Best way to reach an officer is call the 1-800 customer service number, choose the option of speak to an immigration officer, then the cust.service rep will come online, tell them that u need to get the content of RFE as you have not received it so far.. (more than a week) she will connect you. they cannot refuse that request.

But DONT make frequent calls to an officer, they do monitor your conversation and note the contents. Be careful about your english. Dont be so polite! thats the catch (some one said!).

Good luck!

This is not my suggestion or advise.. its an experience..... may differ to others

Chankuk,

Fortunately or unfortunately.. NO.

Does anyone has LUD's changing after approval/stamping? please share.