Approval notice was taken when having the passport stamped

jnjn

Registered Users (C)
I had my passport stamped today. The officer took the I-485 approval notice (original copy, since I do not have a lawyer now. He took the money and quit.). When I asked her whether I should keep the approval notice, she said no, they were supposed to keep it, and the stamp was enough for travel and work. She also took my EAD card.

Does any one see any possible problems down the road without the approval notice since some people got to keep their original by using the courtesy copy for stamping?

Thank you in advance.

Don't worry, be happy!

You could have made a photocopy, but don't worry too much, you should be fine you have your stamp, you'll probably have your card soon, and you shouldn't need that notice in the future at all.

My 2 cents.

Thank you all

Thank you all. I almost went there without making any copies on Monday since I did not have to go to work. Then I changed my mind and decided to make some copies first before I go just in case they would take the original.

I hope to get the card soon and get over this long journey (28 months) for getting the green card.

Thank you again and have a good summer.