Approval Notice to my old address

pa485

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We received approval notices to our old address in PA. We moved to NJ recently. We did address change on phone and mailed AR-11 forms. Even though USCIS sent our approval notices to our old address in PA. I got my approval notices today from my old address and planning to go for stamping.
Do I need go for stamping in PA office which is listed in my approval notice? or Do I have any option that I can go in NJ. How can I update my address at local office when I go for stamping. I can go to Philly since it's close to NJ. Please help me out in this issue.

Thanks

pa485 said:
Hi,

We received approval notices to our old address in PA. We moved to NJ recently. We did address change on phone and mailed AR-11 forms. Even though USCIS sent our approval notices to our old address in PA. I got my approval notices today from my old address and planning to go for stamping.
Do I need go for stamping in PA office which is listed in my approval notice? or Do I have any option that I can go in NJ. How can I update my address at local office when I go for stamping. I can go to Philly since it's close to NJ. Please help me out in this issue.

Thanks

Congrats on approval of GC.
Do not worry. You can go to NJ office with NJ address proof like driver id
or some other proof. Rest of the things are very easy.
In local office you ask how to change my address. They will tell you to strike
the old address and write new address on approval letter. Do not do before going. Do it after telling and infront of them.
Actually we are NJ fillers and got our approval letters to NJ and we had stamping in Chicago, IL . We did not tell them any thing about move.
Just shown IL driver ID.
Hope this gives you confidence.
Good luck
ARB

Thanks for the information. I just moved to NJ one week ago. So I don't have any NJ ID. I can take my apartment lease copy but I don't want to try my luck here in NJ. Since Philadelphia is about 1 hr drive from my home, I would like to go there and complete the stamping. The question is: Can I ask Philadelphia ofiice to do my address change once the stamping is done?

Thanks.

pa485 said:
Thanks for the information. I just moved to NJ one week ago. So I don't have any NJ ID. I can take my apartment lease copy but I don't want to try my luck here in NJ. Since Philadelphia is about 1 hr drive from my home, I would like to go there and complete the stamping. The question is: Can I ask Philadelphia ofiice to do my address change once the stamping is done?

Thanks.

Trying in NJ is not luck. But they will do stamping.
Still you can go to PA. There also they will ask you proof of residence
like driver id. If you go for stamping in PA, there also you can tell about address change and correct it on approval letter.
Good luck again
ARB