Approval Notice is wrong, it mentions Adjustment of Status

New CP Tracker

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I have in front of me an approval notice for I-140 and this is a great relief, but it mentions Adjustment of Status when we applied for Consular Processing.

I have a copy of the I-140 we submitted and it shows clearly we chose to use Consular Processing via the London Consulate.

I am not not prepared to file I-824 and months and pay more for them to sort out their own mistake.

What can I do ?

I plan on writing to the NSC Ombudsman as per the NSC web-site, but cannot believe that this has happened.

Cheers

If it is USCIS mistake then you just have to notify them and they will send your duplicate petition to NVC. I had seen this happened to one of the board member and they rectified the mistake in his case. Ask your lawyer to contact them..

Originally posted by New CP Tracker
Hi there,

I have in front of me an approval notice for I-140 and this is a great relief, but it mentions Adjustment of Status when we applied for Consular Processing.

I have a copy of the I-140 we submitted and it shows clearly we chose to use Consular Processing via the London Consulate.

I am not not prepared to file I-824 and months and pay more for them to sort out their own mistake.

What can I do ?

I plan on writing to the NSC Ombudsman as per the NSC web-site, but cannot believe that this has happened.

Cheers

New CP Tracker:

I concur with uvwxyz that this is a known phenomenon where mistakes happen on the part of uscis. No ones fault!!

You lawyers need to write a letter to uscis about the mistake and include photocopy of you i-140 application. It will take upto 4-5 weeks but it will get fixed.

Thanks for that.

I have now written to them enclosing a photocopy of the application.

If it is not one thing it is another with these bunch of jokers.

Oh well

newcptracker:

In about a 8-10 days your attorney may want to follow up with uscis with a phone call to confirm the receipt of your letter and to effect the change!

Thanks for that.

we Fedexed the letter and I certainly do intend to hound them.

We are not using a lawyer as we went through this process successfully last year without one.

Regards

I-140 approved. Should have gone to 85 Consular... it's waiting for 485

Hey Guys,

First time here... Thanks for this great source of information... I have a problem and just would like to hear maybe a different feedback on my issue... I am going to paste what I wrote in another thread in the same hope that new information/ideia could come....

|I saw the confirmation that my 140 got approved but my lawyer said that he never got the Package because the process is waiting for the 485 to be filled... He said also, that there were info on the 140 requesting this process to go to Consular process instead.... The approval was on the first week of December...

Then he told me that he sent two letters to the Vermont Center asking them to correct this (their) mistake.... but the only answer that I have from him is: We just have to wait... 8 weeks had passed now :-(

Now, I am waiting for 3 years since my green card process started... (5 years already on H1b), 2 on the Vermont labor and 1 on 140... and what's worst now: We don;t have a process number and/or estimate.... we just have to wait...

So, do you think there's another solution/law to fix this problem ?? If yes, I could hire a lawyer by myself... Do you know about a number that I could call myself ??

I appreciate your time and attention.

Jonks

jonksdallas:

I think your lawyers have done the right thing by mailing a letter to VSC tio rectify the error. I am assuming they have included a copy of your i-140 application to prove that you had opted for CP on I-140 approval. If your lawyer has not included this then they might want to include and resend the letter.

Have your lawyers call USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1 (800) 375-5283 and find out the status.

If you are looking to consult a second lawyer for another opinion check with rajiv khanna...http://www.immigration.com/ourservice/fee.html