Approval Notice -- by mistake or is a valid one?

ngadhia

Registered Users (C)
I received an approval notice today by mail . It is the same welcome letter that there has been discussions about. Is there a way I can verify that this is a valid approval or sent by mistake.?

Notice Type : Welcome Notice

Eb3
RD 28th June 2002
ND 1st July 2002
2 EAD's, 2AP, applied for 3rd
2FP
AC21 ( informed BCIS).
LUD 08/21/2002->05/04/2004->06/09/2004->06-22->06-23->06-24->07/05

ngadhia said:
I received an approval notice today by mail . It is the same welcome letter that there has been discussions about. Is there a way I can verify that this is a valid approval or sent by mistake.?

Notice Type : Welcome Notice

Eb3
RD 28th June 2002
ND 1st July 2002
2 EAD's, 2AP, applied for 3rd
2FP
AC21 ( informed BCIS).
LUD 08/21/2002->05/04/2004->06/09/2004->06-22->06-23->06-24->07/05

Can you post the text of welcome notice. We can only figure out the difference if both the notice texts are posted. If it says approved in the text. you are approved and go get the pp stamped. Good luck!

Welcome Notice Text

Notice Type: Welcome Notice
section: Adjustment as direct beneficiary of immigrant petition.

Courtesy Copy: Original to Attorney...

BLah Blhah..

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES IF AMERICA

This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.

At the top of this notice you will see a very important number. It is your INS A# (A-number). This is your permanent resident account and file number. This permanent account numver is very important to you. You will need it whenever you contact us.
We will soon mail you a new PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD. You should receive it within the next 3 weeks. You can use it to show your new status. When you receive your card you must carry it with you at all time if you are 18 or older. It is the law.
Please call us at (800)375-5283 if any of the information about you shown above is incorrect. contact....

Last edited by a moderator:
hokie_gc said:
Congratulations ngadhia!!

Quick question though... What does your on-line status say??

The status is still missing.

also just talked to a rep on NSC. And according to her this is a valid approval notice.
But said I need to wait for my Permanent Resident Card to arrive in 3 weeks.

I am confused, does that mean I don't have to go for stamping.?

Does anybody's notice mention about getting the passport stamped.?

I would appreciate answers from people who are approved and got their passport stamped.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
ngadhia said:
Notice Type: Welcome Notice
section: Adjustment as direct beneficiary of immigrant petition.

Courtesy Copy: Original to Attorney...

BLah Blhah..

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES IF AMERICA

This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.

At the top of this notice you will see a very important number. It is your INS A# (A-number). This is your permanent resident account and file number. This permanent account numver is very important to you. You will need it whenever you contact us.
We will soon mail you a new PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD. You should receive it within the next 3 weeks. You can use it to show your new status. When you receive your card you must carry it with you at all time if you are 18 or older. It is the law.
Please call us at (800)375-5283 if any of the information about you shown above is incorrect. contact....

It seems you do not need stamping as the letters says you will get your permanent resident card within 3 weeks.
The ?? Do the persons who got welcome notice need to go for stamping or not? I do not know the answer. Any input is helpful.

I dont want to shatter your hopes, but it doesnt look to me a valid approval notice. Everyone needs to go for I-551 processing details of which are missing from your notice.

Also, registration as a permanent resident is not complete without ADIT processing (same as I-551). So, unlikely that you will see any green card in 3 weeks. Its the ADIT processing which triggers your green card (plastic).

Hope this helps. You should contact you lawyer.

Cheers,

ngadhia
your case seem to be exactly the same as mine. I got stamping today. Also talked to NSC who says that the case is approved - though she reached that conclusion more by inference than by seeing the case status (since it could not be found).
Refer to the link that neeru has posted
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=132841
Keep us posted on your progress

mazdur_desi said:
ngadhia
your case seem to be exactly the same as mine. I got stamping today. Also talked to NSC who says that the case is approved - though she reached that conclusion more by inference than by seeing the case status (since it could not be found).
Refer to the link that neeru has posted
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=132841
Keep us posted on your progress

so did you successfully do your stamping?