Approval letter received from Chicago Local office

ChitownWaiter2

Registered Users (C)
Today i have received the approval letter from Chicago local office. What a ride!!!

RD 9/10/2001
ND 10/15/2001
TD 5/17/2002
Interview letter 5/2003
Interview date 6/8/2003
Approval: 7/15/2003

Good luck everybody and best of wishes,

Congratulations!

Hi,

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom.
Did the approval come in by regular mail? Does it ask you to go to local office to get your passport stamped?

Letter received in regular mail

The letter was received in regular mail and even the address was written not typed. It was the officers hand writting...go figure:). What i think about chicago local office is that it all depends on the officer. Some of them are really good and keep their eye on the ball and some are just plain lazy and not committed. When i had my interview and the officer told me 3-5 weeks and i will send you the approval letter, he actually did. My lawyer was with me and he did comment that I was lucky of getting that officer. Anyway, the letter does say that i have the option to go get the stamp if i want to travel or get another job before i get the plastic card.

Thanks a lot for your reply in detail. I have been waiting since Jan. 9th and no luck yet. I too was told that I should be receiving the approval in 2-3 weeks. The Interviewing Officer also gave me a paper which stated that "the application process was complete and decision is being held in abeyance as per the directive of INS headquarters". This was during that Dec 02- Jan 03 embargo on new approvals. Since interviewe, I have had my second fingerprinting in May, Renewal AP on July first week and waiting for third EAD renewal which I applied in June.

I was wondering whether the Officer who has been assigned the AOS case also approves the AP & EAD applications of that particular applicant.

Originally posted by wamu
The Interviewing Officer also gave me a paper which stated that "the application process was complete and decision is being held in abeyance as per the directive of INS headquarters".

and you been waiting since January? Jes..
so ok, if you don't get lucky with approval at the time of interview, your file may end up in some hole for eternity. Have you tried inquiry in person as of status of your decision?

Congrats ChitownWaiter2
Can you give us the details of your FP dates. Just curious as to how long after your FP did you have your interview.

gsweb
Are we allowed to enquire in person at the BCIS office in Chicago if your case is being processed there. Is there a telephone number you can call to get your status.

Thanks.

I did the interview Only once

Ok I know this may add more confusion but i actually did the fingure printing only once and that was on 12/2001 when my application was still with NSC.

Yes, that is strange since your FP would have expired long time back. Strange are the ways of BCIS. Enjoy your freedom.

Plastic Card Received!

Today i have received the actual plastic card.... it is all over finally!

RD 9/2001
Interview 6/2003
AD 7/15/2003
Plastic card received today 8/7/2003

Best wishes to everyone...

Congratulations

Wow!!! Plastic Card 3 weeks after approval!! No second FP and Sep. RD.... You should consider yourself a very lucky person. Enjoy it...

Islamabadi.. any news on your case??