Approval letter got lost in the mail (please suggest)?

hjb_zy

Registered Users (C)
The online status of my case is "On July 5, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.". I called INS at that time, after I moved from Iowa to Minnesota around July 1st 2005, and was told that my case was not necessarily approved - it could be an indication of address change for example. Then in August I received second fingerprint notice and completed the fingerprint notice.

Later on my wife's case status got updated several times due to "address change" and "Request For Information". My online case status never got updated.

Today I called INX National Customer Service Center again at 1-800-375-5283, after my priority date has just been reached, and the information I got about my case is as follows:

(1) The service representative insists that "my case has been approved", and that I don't have the green card only because the mail got lost around July 2005.
(2) The service representative filed a note to INS informing or double checking the "non-delivery" issue with a confirmation number.
(3) The service representative asked me to file I-90 form (Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card) to the following address, for which a fee is not expected.

I contacted the company attorney and got the suggestion that they will clear this up with INS. The company attorney does not believe my case has been approved because of it makes no sense for me to have another fingerprint after my case has been approved.

Did anybody else have similar story? I am so confused. During the past half year I had to delay my career plan, very painfully. Any comment that can shed a light to the situation is appreciated.

FYI, my I485 concurrently filed with EB1B I140 has receipt date 01/02/2003. My I140 was approved in November 2003.