Approval from VSC, Stamping in SFO, CSC. Plastic Card Expereince???

OmGV

Registered Users (C)
Finally, got my stamping and hoping the process comes to a full stop soon.

Anybody got approval from VSC, but residing and stamped at SFO, CSC. How long does it take for plastic card receipt?

What was your latest address on 485?

Dear Omgv,

I am asking this question just out of curiousity. You got your approval from VSC, but got passport stamping in SFO.
May, I know what was your recent address on 485. Did you change address or file AR-11 any time?
Thanks in advance for your reply....

It was CA Address. AR11 is a legal reqt and does not change the address with USCIS, for which I called their customer service center and changed my address to my current CA Address.
Approval Letter asked me to go for stamping at SFO. Hope this helps.

OMGV,

I have address change situation as well. I recently moved and sent AR11, but did not change anything in USCIS as my attorney told me not to. Per him the systems are tied up (yeah sure).
I received the 485 approval through my attorney last week, my copy would have gone back !!! since this mail is not forwarded, as marked.

Does this have implications on passport stamping ?

Now when I go in for stamping, will I have the opportunity to change my address ? If so then what do I need to carry as address proofs ?

Any opinions/suggestions will be of help.

thanks,

Ashrit

ashrit said:
OMGV,

I have address change situation as well. I recently moved and sent AR11, but did not change anything in USCIS as my attorney told me not to. Per him the systems are tied up (yeah sure).
I received the 485 approval through my attorney last week, my copy would have gone back !!! since this mail is not forwarded, as marked.

Does this have implications on passport stamping ?

Now when I go in for stamping, will I have the opportunity to change my address ? If so then what do I need to carry as address proofs ?

Any opinions/suggestions will be of help.

thanks,

Ashrit
Proof that u sent AR11, utility Bill, if u have a apt. lease, should be ok. I used my own copy, though my attorney also received his, for stamping, which had my latest current address.
Even now, I think u can call USCIS and update the address, so that they might resend the notice to u.

In Same Boat

Approved on Oct 2nd fron VSC
Got notice on Oct 7th
Stamped at LA Oct 8th

Waitng for card.

I had my approval VSC in August but stamped in LA Area (Santa Ana)- using lawyer copy. Did the address chnage after approval but before stamping and also did G731V-> after stamping. Recd card at my new address a couple of days ago. During stamping address was non-issue.

So it all works out.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, sb_tiger. Looks like everything worked out fine for u, now u can enjoy. Good Luck.

Thanks for the information OMGV and sb_tiger.

About changing the add before stamping.... I have only a day left before the appointment - so the notice will never reach me.

sb_tiger you mentioned "also did G731V-> after stamping" which process is this ?
Also you said during stamping address was a non-issue - was it becuase it was already updated since you called OR you still had to update the add.

thanks again.

Ashrit