APPROVAL Email Received

sillious_mk

Registered Users (C)
:) APPROVAL Email Received

This morning I got email with the message below:

On May 2, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485
APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please
follow any instructions on the notice…

I understand it’s for 485 approvals, but why there’s no mention of card ordered? Are there more steps to follow after I receive the mail?

Q: Once I receive my gc, can I quit and go back to my country for a few weeks/months vcation? Note that this is not my sponsored company, this is a full-time contract. Am I allowed not to work and take a break for a while with gc on hand?

Other note: I know this is a common question people ask, my LUD hasn’t changed since April 2006, which was a biometrics notice. I did, however, called the national number once every month starting last December checking the status of my case. Beginning April I got notice that my background check is pending, but my last name spelled wrong. So after the VB updated for May and my PD became current, I called again about my status and mentioned that my last name spelled wrong. Today I got email-approval notice.

What else! Most info on my signature. I am from Bangladesh.

If this is really approval of GC, I am very happy and I wish everyone waiting for their approval all the best!!

Sillious!!!

Congratulations!!! your GC will be in your hand soon. There should not be any problem in travelling abroad. Enjoy!!!

Update

Just received email update:

Current Status: Card Mailed
On May 4, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have
on file.

Finally, the wait is over. I still have to wait for the card in my hand to beleive it completely. I'll keep it posted.

Question

I have a question,

I received the approval notice by mail today and it's like this:

Notice Type: Approval Notice
Section: Other basis for adjustment
COA: E37​

What is "COA:E37" means?

Edit
Oh I got this answer now, E37 is Professionals with baccalaureate degrees, adjustments

Also in the body it mentioned that "Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing..."

But I already got another email notice that my card has already been mailed (I haven't received yet). Does that mean I may not be required to report for biometrics? My last biometrics was done less than a year ago.

Thanks for any input on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Card Received

Just wanted to post that my card has arrived in the mail today. It took 1 week to arrive, from the time I got email notice of approval and getting the actual card. I was little surprised by their quick action!

I also want to thank the administrator of such a great & useful forum. Also thank you everybody who helped me over the time when I had questions.

Since my sponsoring company lay me off and I had to represent my case on my own from then, I had to learn whatever I could so I represent myself without any error. This forum and the uscis website gave me all the info I needed. So thanks again for doing such a wonderful job.

Good luck, and remember, no matter how frustrating you are with the whole circus of green card, have patience; your time will come as long as you maintain your status.