Approoooved, July RD

What is meant by "Age Out" case?

I have been hearing this term quite a long on this board and wondering what does this mean? Can somebody explain this?
Congrats spe. Glad you made it. Enjoy!
Cheers !!!

Age out Definition

If your kid is turning 18, he/she is no longer eligible for derivative I485. Therefore, INS expedites such cases and they usually get faster approval before the age-out.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Congratulations...

spe... you are the opener for July team... congratulations to you... and good hope for rest all the July applicants... Good luck to you all and me as well :)

Congratulations spe!!

This is terrific. So does it mean that INS does not process by RD,,,they just process by "processing resumed" date?

So now you

assume that INS processes by processing resumed ... date .
I just think it is good luck , especially with CSC .

It\'s not Just AVM Message !!

My AVM message say processing resume on 12th JAN. So I guess INS picks up case based on the RD.

Again as APS

said if you look at recent approvals it is dec 29 processing
resumed ..... . we dont know spe\'s avm message .
Let us see if spe will post his last avm message .

RD or ND

Which is important RD or ND.
Some people have wide gap between two dates.
Can someone explain.

Thanks

Congratulations, spe! BTW, RD is the most important date after AOS is successfully filed...

ND is just the date they entered your case into the system. Sure, FP notices are dependant on ND because they schedule each case for FP appointment at time of data entry. But, Location is more important in determining when certain applicants get their FP notices.
There was a gap of about 2 months for Late April/May/June/July/Aug filers because of the 245(i) applications and the mailroom contractor dispute last year. Now ND seems to have caught up to a much closer gap.
After the case becomes adjudication-ready the MONTH of RD is significant and not the RD itself. Once they start assigning cases from your MONTH of RD your case is close to being assigned but there is no predicting where in that month\'s shelf your case lies. I hope it is FIFO within the month of RD but then again your case may be assigned early but to an officer who has a few dozen cases to adjudicate before s/he gets to yours. On the other hand a case may get assigned later than yours and the officer may begin working on it right away. Then the case assigned later would probably see approval earlier. There is an element of luck involved. Adjudication can never be strictly by date of RD even if INS wanted to do it. Again, if there is NOT a significant backlog, INS may assign cases in a few months window depending on resource availability. Currently, we are seeing that April/May/June cases have been consistently assigned. This July RD approval is an early bird special. There will always be such cases in every month. Nevertheless, its exciting for July mailers like myself. We can smell it now! My 2 cents.

approvals

let me also give my two cents

we hear about things from idle conversation or from professional IIO\'s
Processing resumed first implied that all results have come from fbi/cia/local police etc etc

But the speed with which things have been moving for some people where fp has been done and then avm says pending review and then avm says processing resumes makes things suspect.

Also we have heard cases where people have called and the IIO says no your reports have still not arrived from fbi etc etc.

This makes the \'processing resumed\' equal \'adjudication ready\' suspect.

The best information that we have got is when the IIO says \'Yes your case is adjudication ready\' or says the \'Your case has been assigned\' - this definitely means \'Yes you are nearing the final stage\' - Maybe your case gets a) approved b) rfe c) local transfer

But all in all I remember in India when we used to go to the bank to withdraw money and our eyes used to follow our cheque from table to table.

This thing of calling the IIO and checking avm is a little too much for me. Yes it is nice to hear exactly where is your case but on the other hand the amount of rejection feelings and the feeling of despair and tension far outweigh the good news.

I have had friends who have done nothing and still got approved.

Sorry for sounding so negative

But yes I shall still visit this board and read all messages and still update the recent approvals thread and speculate also

Hope things get more systematic at CSC.

Dee Rod ,

This july RD approval is out of the ordinary . We have not seen significant june RD approvals so far . Its been a april/may flood .
Let us see how this week goes . I have a feeling you might get
approved this week . Let us wait and see . Good luck !

Question for rjngh2000, pcee or Dee rod

The IIO told me on 02.15.02 that my case has been adjudication ready since 01.10.02 (FP did on 12.12.01).
Do you think I am close to approval?
My AVM still says ...Pending review..

so