Approaching 90 days and OPT application is still pending

vola

My OPT application was received by the Nebraska processing center in mid March and is still pending. I'm start getting worried since all of my friends who sent their applications about 1~2 weeks later than I did already got their EAD cards few weeks ago. Is it possible that this delay is related to the fact that I had to pass a security check due to the field of study?

Do you have an offer letter? I had a similar delay with my OPT but I had a job offer. I faxed the request for expedite processing ( included my LIN#, name, date of birth and contact information), the letter from my employer (where he asked for expedite processing and mentioned that my inability to start on time would result in financial losses for him) and the offer letter. It worked. Within 3 days I got my approval. The fax #s I used for nebraska are 402-219-6344/6171/6353. I faxed my documents to all 3 numbers at once and then refaxed them the next day.

its been more than 45 days since i have applied for my EAD card. My receipt date is May 7th. I am trying to expedite the application by sending fax to the earlier number said since I have to join a company by July 1st week.

I had a question in this.

It usually takes them some time to mail the card to us after the application is approved. Is it possible for me to join work before I get the physical EAD card in hand. I can show the company that the application has been approved using the USCIS site and the LIN number?

Got any comments/suggestions??
tc

Hi,
I applied for my OPT on July 23rd 2007 and havent heard anything from USCIS. They havent cashed my check as yet nor have they made any kind of request for further information. It's been more than 8 weeks now with out an reciept.
The Intl office said they will find out what is the status on my application but they are also not very positive. Has anybody been through such a situation? What did you do? What are my options?
I do not have any job offer as yet. My opt date was supposed to start on Oct 5th 2007. I have passed that date and now I am worried. Whenever I call up the USCIS, they say I just have to wait since I still havent recieved my reciept!!
What do you advice me to do?
Thanks for all the help... and look forward to hear from people in this forum.

I hope you have got your EAD by now. This for all others who are in a similar situation, please correct me/add to this info if you can. I too was in a similar situation so here are my observations.

Typically your check should get encashedand you should get the receipt within a week from when your application reaches the service center.Since you haven't yet received the receipt from the USCIS and that they havent cashed yout check means they haven't begun processing your case yet.

In my case, I had sent a bank check which had both my name as well as USCIS as the payee. USCIS likes to have checks only in their name and hence they returned my application after almost a month asked me to resubmit it with a new check.

I had a question, is it possible to begin working with the EAD approval letter or is it necessary to wait for the physical EAD? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. But I still haven't received my EAD Card. Apparently they had lost my application and by the time they found my application in December. So I received my receipt in December and been waiting since then now. And about working with EAD approval letter, as far as my knowledge goes you need to have the EAD card physically to start your job.
Hope this helps
Gud luck

Hi,

My opt is still pending past 3 months its due date (all my friends got their OPTs on time in Feb). I am worried about losing my time due to this delay. Am I going to get lost time back? In other words, if I get my OPT close to its expiration date, will the USCIS count the waiting period as part of OPT period or it will give more additional time?