Apporved! What next?

sunnycal

Registered Users (C)
Approved! What next?

7 years of chasing the card and one failed process later, I finally got it!

I got approval emails that also said the card was going to be mailed soon. Does anyone know what the next step is. Do I need to get my passport stamped? How does that work?

Good luck to everyone. This is a great forum!

Thanks!
SunnyCal

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats.....

In case if you are planning to travel abroad in next 1-4 weeks, then get your passport stamped (you need to get infopass appointment first). Just in case if you don't get your plastic card before your departure...

Or Else, sit back, relax, throw a party to your friends

sunnycal, congratulations.
let us know when you get the card.
also, did you get any reply from mr. williams and was his estimate
correct?

thanks,
nsi

Congrast SunnyCal...

Nice to see approval emails. Hope the number increases :)

I also take this opportunity to thank this forum for enabling the collaboration and all those wonderful junta who go the extra distance to help others.

I am relatively new to this. I got inputs from this forum and was able to contact CSC through email. I got an immediate response from Mr Williams and it reads "Processing should occur within 60 days".

I am sure a lot of you folks would have received a similar update email from him. Any thoughts on what this could mean? Yeah..I can ask him more but did not want to get into a loop :)

Thanks....

Cool - congrats

Sunnycal:

Congrats, seems things went for you exactly the way you were thinking, following my case :). Its great to hear you are approved. I am sure you will get the cards before you can imagine..

Just go to a temple or church whatever you believe in and thank God..everything will fall in place..

sunnycal,

congratulations buddy. Its always a nice feeling to see a old timer getting approval
enjoy the moment and freedom :)

Thanks for the responses everyone. This forum is great.

nsi/ayirus
I did hear back from Mr. Williams. I wrote to him on Friday Jan 27th 2006. He replied Monday Jan 30th 2006. Received approval emails Feb 2nd. In his email he said it should not take more than 45 days to get approved.

Thanks gc_man, every approval gives hope.

Hope all of us get it soon. We really deserve it.

Thanks,
SunnyCal

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, Sunnycal. Enjoy.

My I-485 RD is 11/04/2005...close to yours...

I am hoping that I too will hear something positive soon.
Mr.Williams replied - "processing should occur within 60 days".

gcsfo.

Good Luck!!

Good we can ask Mr. Williams.
gcsfo said:
My I-485 RD is 11/04/2005...close to yours...

I am hoping that I too will hear something positive soon.
Mr.Williams replied - "processing should occur within 60 days".

gcsfo.

Ananya123 said:
Congratualtions sunnycal. Did you face any namecheck issues. If so how did you solve them.

-Ananya

Ananya,
I did face name check issues. I was stuck in name check for approximately 1 year 3 months.

Here is what I did:
1. Inquired through my lawyer with FBI and USCIS whenever I was eligible.
2. Wrote to 3 california senators. One of them said she was not the right one to contact. So, do your homework before writing. They are always polite anyways. They may not be able to help you in the way you would like but it was a nice experience dealing with them.
3. Contact your local congressman - Mine did an inquiry every month for me.
I have no proof that doing the above helped me or not but it gave me hope/satisfaction and kept me busy.

4. Wrote to Mr. Williams. Got a reply from him that my case was with an adjudicating officer for review.

Hope this helps,
SunnyCal

Received my cards!

I received my cards this past Saturday (02/11/06). I guess this marks the end of this road for me. This forum has been very informational. I can't say I felt good visiting it every day but I am glad and thankful that such a forum exists where people share their ideas.

I will keep checking the forum from time to time but will eventually stop. Its just become a habit, so it continues till I break it.

Good Luck!
SunnyCal