Appointments for Miami Office can be made online using InfoPass

curiousGeorge

Registered Users (C)
If you are in the Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa or West Palm Beach area and you need to visit the local office (for an I-EAD or other reasons for example), you can schedule an appointment online using InfoPass.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

This is supposed to reduce the long lines in front of the office.

Has anyone tried using this before?

The system is supposed to be rolled out to other offices later.

curiousGeorge

Thanks for the info.
I probably have to go to Miami office to apply iEAD. My current EAD will expire on 4/16. Now I am still crossing my fingers to wait renewal to be approved. If it doesn't come in two weeks, then I have to go to Miami offfice to get iEAD.
Do you think I should make appointment now? How early will they accept appointment?

Please give me some suggestions. Thanks!

My wife used it when she tried for Interim EAD and also for an emergency parole ( They did not give it her as it was not a real emergency like a death in the family). They won't allow you inside without an appointment unless it is a real emergency. However for passport stamping after the 485 approval you do not need the appointment. We walked in with the approval notice. The web site does not give appointments for passport stampings anyway.

yl8401,

It doesn't matter when your current EAD will expire.

Miami USCIS will only consider you for an I-EAD if your EAD application has been pending for more than 90 days. So, you need to wait the minimum 90 days before scheduling an apointment.