Appointment Taken but got new passport !!

a_kapoor

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks !!

Please help whatever best is the solution for this.
I took the appointment for Chennai using my old passport. The appointment date is in Dec'05 and now my new passport came with spouse details and new passport number.

What to do in this case as appointment reflects the old passport no.?
If I cancel the appointment and take a new one, it will take months to get a new appointment. Please Help ????

Also petition says reporting consulate is "Chennai", can I take appointment in Delhi as my home town is delhi however work place is Chennai.

PLease Please Please Help !!!!

Same situation here

Mr Kapoor,
I am in the same boat as you are. My H1B Visa appointment is in the end of november. Did you get any more information about this or what should be done in this kind of scenario ??

Thanks,
Sosatan.

Recently I had communication with Chennai & New Delhi Consulates over phone. They said there is no problem at all as we will have to carry the old passport along with the new one at the time of interview and at the front office window, will have to inform them abt the same and that they will update the details accordingly.

However this was a oral communication, & I wanted to have this in written from them, so I mailed them with this query and the response I got was that "NO, the passport has to be same that was presented while taking appointment and the details cannot be modified. In case you want to update any such details, you should cancel the earlier appointment, deposit fees again at HDFC and then take a new appointment.

Why deposit fees again because the passport copy which we give to HDFC while depositing fees has to match the passport number which we put while taking appointment.

So its totally confused and a risk kinda thing.

What do you suggest?