Appointment from US for H1b stamping in Canada ?

busybe

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have some questions and doubts, please answer.

I m in a tight situation with my H1B stamping.

My old H1b expired october 2003. Got new transfer and extention till October 2006. Now, I have time till October 2004 for my H1B stamping. But simultaneously, I am also waiting for Canada interview (where I will have to carry my passport), which is in in first week of June 2004. So till June , I cant send my passport for H1B stamping. After going thru all the posts here, I think once my interview is done, I might get PP request about in 2 months. So, say August . And the validity to submit my pp is a months period. So say September. So, even between June and September, I cant send my passport for H1B stamping, coz it takes minimum of 3 months to get our passport back.

So, if all goes according to what I described here, I am planning to get my H1B stamped in Canada when I land. But I want to return soon to US. So, can I take an appointment from US for H1B stamping in Cananda ?? That will save me time, if I take an appointment in advance.

Thanks.

What you can do is send passport for stamping right now and if you can extend interview for another month that will give you some time. but check with Canadian immigration people whather that is feasible or not ..I know one guy didn't appear for interview in detroit and he got second call but pl check.

Thanks Nilayt.

But, the Canada embassy gives only 1 more chance to appear in the interview after we extend the interview and in the dates they specify. And for passport stamping it might take 3 or maybe 4 months. We really cannot rely on that time frame. And so, i want to get finished with my Canada interview and then maybe straight away i send my passport for stamping. I will also search the net if I can take an appointment from US for stamping in Canada.

Thanks.