Applying for Waiver

kavitha6

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I am on J1 Visa and planning to apply for Waiver. Can I travel to India to visit after I get my waiver. Or will I have to take waiver once again after I come back. I mean does that waiver get cancelled.

Please advice,
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Kavitha

Hi All,
I am on J1 Visa and planning to apply for Waiver. Can I travel to India to visit after I get my waiver. Or will I have to take waiver once again after I come back. I mean does that waiver get cancelled.

Please advice,
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Kavitha

Well. as long as you have valid DS-2019 and valid on your passport you can visit home and come back with no problem. but if you need to go to Consulate for Stamping you are at risk. You have shown your intention to immigrate to this country by getting waiver.

But honestly I have no idea whether the consular officers at US consulate in India know about one has applied for waiver. If that is the case you better never say that you have applied for WAIVER.

Hi thank you. I have a valid DS 2019 stamped well beyond my date of return. My friend said waiver would be in valid if leave the country.. So i was confused...

Port of entry is also a problem

I read many times in this forum that once you apply J1 - waiver returning may be a problem at port of entry. Better you do a reaserch before you leave.