Applying for Spouse.

Nimche

Registered Users (C)
I have Greencard and I applied for my wife last year based on my greencard (Filled I-130 with CSC). Now if I get my citizenship, what is the fastest way to bring my wife here? we have been seperated for almost four years so I am trying to solve the problem before I approach to it, so I don't add to our application's delay.
Any suggestion would be much appreciated. I am sure some of you have either the same situation or 've been through the same thing.

Thanks,

6-9 months

I have Greencard and I applied for my wife last year based on my greencard (Filled I-130 with CSC). Now if I get my citizenship, what is the fastest way to bring my wife here? we have been seperated for almost four years so I am trying to solve the problem before I approach to it, so I don't add to our application's delay.
Any suggestion would be much appreciated. I am sure some of you have either the same situation or 've been through the same thing.

Thanks,

Once you become a US citizen, you should immediately get in touch with immigrations (USCIS). You can call 1-800-375-5283 and notify about your change of status (perm resident to a US citizen). They will upgrage that I-130 file that has been pending for your wife and give you further instructions. Your wife will be notified thru National Visa Center to appear for a face to face interview at the local embassy in India. I think you will have to fill out these couple of forms 485 (adjustment of status) and 864 (affidavit of support).

Your wife should be able to join you here in US within 6 months if everything goes well and on time.

Thanks for the Info. but I didn't say I am an Indian, because I am not and neither my wife is.

Thanks for the Info. but I didn't say I am an Indian, because I am not and neither my wife is.
Atlanta Brother made a wrong assumption due to the high percentage of Indians on this site.

At some point (could be weeks or months) after you upgrade the petition based on your US citizenship, your wife will be asked to interview at the US Embassy in the country where she lives. She will also have to do the medical exam, fingerprints, etc. (basically all the same stuff that she'd eventually have to do anyway if you didn't get citizenship; the difference is that she'll reach that stage much sooner once you get citizenship).

By seperated I hope you mean as in distance only and not "seperated" in the marriage sence. If you were legally seperated as in the semi-divorce way then that will pose a problem bringing them over. If it's just distance and you are still together then that's what I'm hoping you're talking about...

OK,
We are living in a distance (seperation) we are married (no divorce) and we would like to join together and it has been like this for the last four years. Now my question is/was that after I get my citizenship certificate what steps I have to take to be able to bring her here as soon as possible.
1st, I know that I have to send a copy of my citizenship certifacte to CSC to let them know to update my I-130
2nd, I know that I have to file I-129F for my wife to get a K3 visa

( I think I knew better before I asked the question) but my question is if anyone have been through this process and know how long it would take? I know it takes between 6 months to 9 years but anyone have done it? I am sure someone did.

I am happy my house is not on fire, otherwise I would burn immidiately.

Thanks anyway

OK,
We are living in a distance (seperation) we are married (no divorce) and we would like to join together and it has been like this for the last four years. Now my question is/was that after I get my citizenship certificate what steps I have to take to be able to bring her here as soon as possible.
1st, I know that I have to send a copy of my citizenship certifacte to CSC to let them know to update my I-130
2nd, I know that I have to file I-129F for my wife to get a K3 visa

( I think I knew better before I asked the question) but my question is if anyone have been through this process and know how long it would take? I know it takes between 6 months to 9 years but anyone have done it? I am sure someone did.

I am happy my house is not on fire, otherwise I would burn immidiately.

Thanks anyway

I have not been through the process but i am about to start it so i have been researching. I believe the K-3 visa takes about 3 to 6 months but please don't quote me on that. From the experiences i read, that's about it. Good luck to both of us.