Applying for SIN

vibhavg

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I will be landing in Jan 03. But I am only going for the weekend. So wont be able to apply for SIN card etc. Is it necessary to apply for anything except PR card (which I think will be applied for at the time of landing itself - I am landing by plane)??
Will appreciate if anyone can guide. Also if I should take care of when landing by plane...
Also how detailed should this Goods to follow list be? I mean I need to write details of only expensive electronic items and maybe jewelary or I even have to provide whole list of furniture, clothes, kitchen stuff etc.

Thanks,

VG

Well regarding your question on "Is it necessary to apply for SIN?"

It really depends on if you planning to live in canada. Even if you are not, I recommand that you apply for SIN if not now, may be in your next trip. But do apply.

I will be moving to Canada in few months but I need to make a quick entry because I am getting married in Jan. Since I dont have much time before that I will be going only for a weekend. So I was not sure whether we are required to apply for anything other then PR card as soon as we enter.

VG

As per us my conversation with customs officer in canada while landing, she told me " what ever u owned at the time landing u need not pay taxes , otherwise u have to pay taxes" So if it is better to declare all items , eventhough u dont have if u thought of buying in US. Also it is not mandatory that u have to bring everything to canada.

take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!1