Applying for same-day passport directly after OATH?

lexax

Hi, I attended my naturalization ceremony yesterday and obtained my certificate. I have an international trip scheduled next week. I heard of stories that people getting same-day or next-day passport directly after OATH if they scheduled an appointment with the passport agency. I went to the SSA first to update my citizenship, but they told me USCIS is still updating their database, so my status can't be updated yet on my SSA. Will that affect my ability to obtain a same-day/next-day passport at a passport agency?

No, you don't need to update your status with SSA to get a passport.
So I can get my passport before USCIS updating my citizenship in their database, right after my oath ceremony? Or similar to updating my status with SSA, some times have to pass before USCIS update my record in their Database?

I know some of the cities that do large oath ceremonies have people with passport application forms right outside for the new citizens to apply after, so it seems unlikely you need to wait for anything if they can do that

I know some of the cities that do large oath ceremonies have people with passport application forms right outside for the new citizens to apply after, so it seems unlikely you need to wait for anything if they can do that

Yup. In the newark field office ,you get a passport application whilst collecting your certificate and they talk for a good 5 mins about getting your passport asap and how important it is.