applying for rtd after receiving green card..

bakeral

Registered Users (C)
Hello all

I got my green card through asylum a few weeks ago. I decided to apply for an rtd based on permanent residency. I attached a copy of my green card and my expired travel document that had my status as asylee on it. Did I do something wrong in this case? I still have my i-94 but I figured since I got my greencard I did not need to send my i94. Am I right? How long is it taking for an rtd these days... a good 7 months or more or so??? and what do i do with this i94 that i have when I depart the USA. I am thinking of going to france for a student exchange program once I get my travel document hopefully by next august 2009

Thanks
Baker

Congratulations
when did you applied for green card and in witch service center
can you post ur luds

Hello all

I got my green card through asylum a few weeks ago. I decided to apply for an rtd based on permanent residency. I attached a copy of my green card and my expired travel document that had my status as asylee on it. Did I do something wrong in this case? I still have my i-94 but I figured since I got my greencard I did not need to send my i94. Am I right? How long is it taking for an rtd these days... a good 7 months or more or so??? and what do i do with this i94 that i have when I depart the USA. I am thinking of going to france for a student exchange program once I get my travel document hopefully by next august 2009

Thanks
Baker

You are correct. Since you are now a PR, you do not need to send a copy of the I-94 any longer. Just keep the I-94 for your records. Since you have the green card, it should not be relevant but I would keep it until you get your citizenship if that's what you end up doing.

Hi ihabgr

I got my green card on September 11, 2008. My case was filed on September 28, 2005 and was approved September 5, 2008. So it took me almost 3 years, but I am relieved that this is now over! I filed my case with NSC and then it got transferred to TSC, then back to NSC and then back to TSC and after several inquiries I got it. Good luck to you.

Baker

Sent form i-131 and received by uscis NSC October 20

Uscis received my i-131 application on october 20, 2008. I have not received a receipt notice from them yet and it's been 10 days. How long until u get a receipt notice from them. Any ideas?

I did send a 385 dollar money order to uscis

I think they are taking longer than normal to issue receipt notices.

i got my RTD after 7 months and 20 days.

about the recipte , i got it after 2 weeks.

I have a question, when you will apply for the cititen?