Applying for J1 waiver in india

pbsujit

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got my application stamped from indian consulate in sfo, and now i need to send the documents to india. It says that we need to send the document to three places, (1) regional passport (2) home ministry of the state and (3) Dept of education.

I am from bangalore, I do not know the address of the home department of the state to send. How can i aquire the address where to send in bangalore? although i searched net I could not get it.

Can anyone know how to get the address of the home department?

Thanks,
sujit

Hi Sujit,

I have just started the process for the "J1-Wavier".
I have few queries.

* Do we have to send the Original Passport (along with Statement + Affidavit) to Indian Consulate-San Francisco or photo copy is sufficient.

* I am also from Bangalore. Can you please let me know the addresses.

Please do reply.

Thanks in advance,
Swapna.

Hi ,
1. I have always sent the photocopies of passport to consulate (chicago), while j1 waiver process and it works. i think u shoul be fine too.

2. I dont know the address for bangalore.

Nasho

Hi,
I'm a Mathematics teacher in Phoenix, Arizona. My J-1 visa expires in Sep 2008. I have got all my papers (statement+affidavit+miscallaneous services form) together for to be sent to the Consulate General of India is San Francisco for J-1 waiver. I am stuck however if I should be sending my passport in original through FedEx or go personally for getting the papers attested. I read in one of your replies that we need not send the original but I just asked the consulate authorities and they said we do need to send the original passport. Also, if somebody could give me a rough idea of how much time the attestation can take if I mail it? Also, do I need any other documents for attestation before I forward these to the 3 departments in India? Please, if someone could tell me.