Applying for I-485 For the month of July

My lawyer is applying on friday so that it reaches on Monday....

he had second thoughts for applying on Monday so it reaches Tuesday3rd!! as he was concerned that mail clarks might reject on monday...

how about you...and where they filing? NSC or any other center? Can I-485 be filed any one of the center or depends upon where you live?

The lawyer dosent say when he will apply,he is very hard to reach ,I am hoping he will apply in the month of july:(

Folks - Can I file the I-485 and I-765 on my own or do I need to compulsorily do this through an attorney? My company's attoney is swamped with applications and will not tell me how long it will take him to file my I-485. I do not want to be cut-off if there is a mid-month retrogression in July (esp. for India).

Has anyone filed I-485 on their own and shre their experience on the pros and cons of filing I-485 on my own vs. using an attorney? Could there be problems in future if I file on my own and there is an RFE later?

Thanks in advance!

Folks - Can I file the I-485 and I-765 on my own or do I need to compulsorily do this through an attorney? My company's attoney is swamped with applications and will not tell me how long it will take him to file my I-485. I do not want to be cut-off if there is a mid-month retrogression in July (esp. for India).

Has anyone filed I-485 on their own and shre their experience on the pros and cons of filing I-485 on my own vs. using an attorney? Could there be problems in future if I file on my own and there is an RFE later?

Thanks in advance!

I would strongly encourage to use attorney. Last week when papers were almost ready to go, my attorney found few very very little details that I did wrong (I prepared forms myself) and I realised on my own, I'd just never be able to do it perfectly. I think it's worth $$$ to just get it done right.