Applying for H4 after court marriage

murtaxamm

Hello,
I need some help regarding applying H4 for my to-be wife, I'm planning to go to Karachi (Pakistan) for a week in order to do court marriage and apply at the US embassy Pakistan for the H4 date.I heard that sometimes the visa gets rejected because only Court marriage certificate is not necessary in other words it does not completely bind me into marriage until I spend some time @ Pakistan with my wife (which in my case would be only 1 week).

We have albums of our engagement pictures and that we can show to satisfy the criteria that we had cermonies in this 1 week for marriage,but my parents are right now in USA visiting on their green card, does it matter to them as to why did I have my marriage @ khi (which she would prove with engagement pics) without my parents? Although legally speaking a court marriage certificate should be enough proof for them...correct?

Just to clarify I am currently on H1B and I will be visiting Khi in Jan 2009 and then once she has her H4 we would have the actual ceremonies in July 2009 and after that (hopefully) she would have her H4 by then and come along with me to usa.

What if she tells the entire truth that we did court marriage beforehand in order for her to come with me in july when we will be performing all the ceremonies etc?Is that advisable?

any help would be really appreciated !
Thanks in advance
Murtaza

Last edited by a moderator:
Consuls may not issue a marriage based visa if they do not believe the marriage has been consumated.

I heard that sometimes the visa gets rejected because only Court marriage certificate is not necessary in other words it does not completely bind me into marriage until I spend some time @ Pakistan with my wife (which in my case would be only 1 week).

Shouldn't they be living in the US on their green cards?

my parents are right now in USA visiting on their green card

Well if your have records and photographs to prove them about your marriage, then i don't think so that there would be any great issue occur, you can easily go through it..