applying for GC through my wife

jagdipmatharu

Registered Users (C)
hi all,

I have researched on net and found I-130 form which will be filled by my wife.
and G-325A ( i do not know how many. there are 4 G-325A in PDF ).

Is there some web resource which explains the whole process of filing GC by marriage to USC? please direct me.

Do my wife need to fill both 864 and 864A or only one of them?

regards,

jagdipmatharu said:
hi all,

I have researched on net and found I-130 form which will be filled by my wife.
and G-325A ( i do not know how many. there are 4 G-325A in PDF ).

Is there some web resource which explains the whole process of filing GC by marriage to USC? please direct me.

Do my wife need to fill both 864 and 864A or only one of them?

regards,

Everything you need to know you'll find here
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/residency/family.htm

You can find the forms here:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

Basically you need all these forms:
I-130
I-485
I-864
I-864: Affidavit of Support
I-765
3 copies (2 for you, 1 for your spouse) of G325A (4 per copy)
oh and the Advance Parole if you want to leave the country before you get the GC

The whole 864 deal depends.
Your wife has to fill out form 864 no matter what, and if her income is not enough, you're gonna need a co-sponsor who's gonna need to fill out a form 864A.

Hope this helps

payala said:
The whole 864 deal depends.
Your wife has to fill out form 864 no matter what, and if her income is not enough, you're gonna need a co-sponsor who's gonna need to fill out a form 864A.

As a primary sponsor your wife has to fill out I-864.

If her income is below 125% poverty line

You can add your own income (if you are allowed to work) or an income of your other household member to the income of your wife. In this case you or that household member need to fill out I-864A. Now, you send both I-864 and I-864A to CIS. Make sure the total household income is above 125% poverty line.

If it's not

You need a co-sponsor. He/she has to fill out a separate I-864 (not I-864A)
and you have to submit both I-864s ( the one of your wife and the one of your co-sponsor) to CIS. The total household income of your co-sponsor has to be above 125% poverty line.

If it's not

Find another co-sponsor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jagdip,

Most of your questions have already been answered by the gurus here... just a small tip for your worry abt:
jagdipmatharu said:
G-325A ( i do not know how many. there are 4 G-325A in PDF ).

It is really time taking to fill out so many copies of G-325A, but not any more. You can download the fillable G-325A form from USCIS website that allows you to type in. You will need to fill just the first page and it will be copied to the remaining three. Once you have filled it, you can take printout - note you can't save the filled form (not unless you have one of those s/w that allow you to override the protection).

One point of caution... before taking the printout, it will be a good idea to check that the info filled out on first page is correctly copied on to the next three... cuz I read someone mentioning that one field was incorrectly copied to one of the pages.

Hope this helps, USC