Applying for AOS while on J-1. Guys i really need advise.

PumpkinPie

Hello guys. Well here is my case. I cam e to US summer 2009 J-1 Work&Travel program my visa expires 22Apr2012 ( Bearer is not subjected to section 212(E) Two year rule doesnt apply its also state program dates 28 june - 1 Oct 2009 , my DC form was till 1 Oct 2009 as well. I got married on 17 Sept.2009 & now just about to apply for AOS, so i am really confused what is my current staus is ? Am i out of status ? I am applying for Advance Parole so is it gonna be alright to travel on it or not ?

Thank you in advance :)

The visa in your passport expiration date has nothing to do at all, either it is already expired, valid for 2012 or whatever. It is your DS expiration date and your continous presence in a program sponsoring your J which will put you in legal status. marriage, applying for AOS, approval for your I130 application will not give you a bonus and change your out of status. I think you are out of status based on the data you provided.

Thank you for your respond. Yeah that what i though, so my current status is Out Of Status. So after i will apply for AOS, & Advance Parole ( I-131 Travel Document) will i be able to travel whith it whenever i got it, i mean from USA & back, while my AOS is pending ? I am really worrie about it since i have emergency circumstances =(