Applying for Advanced Parole

Krishna_shroff

Hello,

I am in the US, and would be filing for I-485 based on my husband's citizenship.

I was wondering when can I apply for the Advanced Parole. Can I apply on the same day I file my I-485, or do I have to wait till I get the I-485 receipt. If latter, then any idea on timeframe to get the I-485 receipt in San Jose office.

Krishna

krishna,
there is a great thread in this forum for San Jose / CA timings. Search for that thread and you will get detailed answers...

goodluck.

Thanks for your reply.

More than timeline - I am interested in finding out if for filing advance parole, do I need to have receipt for I485?

I looked there are three threads for San Jose, but none of them are long enough, what is the title to what you are referring to?

Thanks

Advanced Parole

Hi all, did anyone apply for advanced parole lately in Philadelphia??? i just booked airine tickets to China (leaving on Dec. 25th and i want to know the latest time to apply for AD to get it before my trip). any help would be appreciated.

kjngnet

AP timeline

here is what San Jose is quoting:

Permanent Residence - Adjustment of Status

Filing Until Approval (With Interview) 180 - 240 Days

Work Permit ("Employment Authorization Document" 21 - 30 Days

Travel Permit ("Advanced Parole") 21 - 30 Days

http://shusterman.com/aos4.html#38A

I believe you need an Alien # to apply for an AP. Best bet is to talk to an IIO in person or call the BCIS customer service # on 1-800-375-5283

AP

Thanks for your quote! i already called the 800 number and one of the helpdesk lady told me that it takes about one month to process family based AP in Philadelphia INS location and she suggeted that i apply in person now. so i will go to the local office tomorrow. hope everything will go smoothly.

kjngnet