Applying for a US Passport. Question?

N400Applier

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am ready to apply for my US passport. I have some questions:

1. The Photographs. Do I need them with my glasses on or off? During the N-400 process it clearly stated that glasses should be taken off for the photo but the passport instructions don't state that. They only state dark glasses should be taken off. But says nothing about regular glasses.

2. A#: Do I need to put my A# here or is that needed anymore since I am a US citizen.

3. Signature: Is it the full signature, that I signed on the Naturalization Certificate of the regular abbreviated signature I use for checks etc.

Thanks

IMHO
Take your glasses off so the glare wont screw-up the photo.
If you're a citizen you don't have an "A" number anymore.
Use the full signature on the passport application and on the passport, whatever name is there - sign that name. Do this for any official document.

As far as name goes , I actually 'signed' my entire name on the Ncert and also signed my actual short signature next to it (on the naturalisation form ).The immigration officer told me that this was the best way- to have both signatures on the Ncert - so that I would not have to keep 'signing' my entire full name if thats nt what I have been doing till now .So - I hope my passport gets accepted as I have signed my short version - we will see...

2. I specified my Alien # while applying for Passport. A# is still present in the N Cert.

3. I signed my full signature on the application. However I don't think its an issue even if you sign is short.

As far as name goes , I actually 'signed' my entire name on the Ncert and also signed my actual short signature next to it (on the naturalisation form ).The immigration officer told me that this was the best way- to have both signatures on the Ncert - so that I would not have to keep 'signing' my entire full name if thats nt what I have been doing till now .So - I hope my passport gets accepted as I have signed my short version - we will see...

Interesting...have any other folks done this as well?

Sign BOTH the full cursive name, and then your usual short signature of just the first name that you scrawl...on the Naturalization certificate?

And for US Passport - is your short signature ok?

did u get bk ur passport ?

i have heard there are delays in processing .. have u got ur passport ?