Applying EAD for L2 Spouse - Is "EAD Signature Card" Required

tsatya

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am applying for EAD for my spouse who is on L2 visa.

One of the websites www.immihelp.com mentions that the following should accompany the EAD application.

"EAD signature card. It is just a post card size card in which you have to sign within the box and put the finger print of your right hand index finger(not the thumb). The signature must fit within the box. This signature and the index finger print are printed on the actual EAD card."

However the I-765 application doesn't mention this anywhere. I also talked to the local BCIS office and they also said that nothing like this is required.

Can any of you tell me if this is necessary or no!!

Thanks
Satya

No print required

I sent my Spouses paper in Feb'03. I just sent the photographs as per the requirements along with the copy of my L1, copy of birth cert, copy of Passport Biographic data, proof of residence ( Cpy of Driver licence/bank statement) & copy of Marriage cert.

This was suggested to me by our Company Attorney. Guess what my spouse got her EAD less than 4 weeks.

The EAD card mentions no Fingerprint. But who cares as far as atleast now she can try to find a job....

Thanks for the response Nokia.

I assume you sent your and spouse's I-94 copy.

I didn't send Passport Copy, Driver's License copy or Birth Certificate.

I went thru the I-765 documentation but it didn't mention any of these documents.

Would you know if non-availability of these docs makes any difference.

Which location did you apply to

Thanks
Satya