Applying driver's license in Ohio/Indiana

billlonestar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I plan to transfer my driver's license to Ohio or Indiana. My 485 is pending and I am working with EAD. Do they only issue DL to EAD's expiration date, or four years? Which state is easier? Thanks

Bill
-------------
EB1, I-485 RD 07/2006.

Hi Bill,

I am not sure for Ohio or Indiana, but i am in NJ, they give the DL until the EAD/H1 Exp. Date only.

HTH.

In PA they dont give DL if on EAD. they dont know EAD document. two times I had a big pain need to talk with head of DMV. this is completely nonsense. EVERY YEAR I WORRY ABOUT MY DL THAN ANY OTHER THINGS. MY MANAGER ALSO GOT SCARY THAT IF YOU DIDN'T GET HOW COME YOU CAN COME TO WORK???

what a pain of EAD/AP is much more than H1. at airport also for AP they would take you inside room and grill you and rest people goes., H1, L1 etc....

this is completely BS stuff so you can imagine what knowledge / info everyboday have and due to that lot of shit things happens here.

dice12
EB3 PD-2001
485 RD -2004
AD-2020???

In Ohio, the DL validity is upto the date of your H1/L1/EAD expiry.

The pain I had in Ohio was with the employment verification letter.
My company provides the verification letter via an automated request system: the letter is faxed to us when we call a number and go thru some prompts. It is clearly written on that letter that it is an official letter and is valid to be used for immigration purposes. It is also written on it to call so and so number to verify or if they have any questions.

But DMV does not accept faxed copies.
The company HR does not issue letters any more.

The DMV insisted on getting a real letter from HR, even though all they do with it is file it away; they do nothing to verify the legitamacy of that letter.
Just bureaucratic red tape bull crap.

I talked to my manager and had him give me a letter. They accepted that.

Renewed DL in MO today.

I renewed my DL in MO after showing the Employment Letter along with H1-B and Passport with H1-B stamping (valid till Sept 2009). I was at their office this Saturday and they refused to give me without Emplyment Letter.

Still I got a temp. DL on a paper printout for 60 days and they told I will get it by mail within 2 months. This is ridiculous. I got my original driving license first time from 2000-2008. What type of immigration checks they do when I-485 pending for 5 years and with the recently approved H1-B?

Who can expect we don't get green for 7 years and renew DL every year?

I renewed my DL in MO after showing the Employment Letter along with H1-B and Passport with H1-B stamping (valid till Sept 2009). I was at their office this Saturday and they refused to give me without Emplyment Letter.

Still I got a temp. DL on a paper printout for 60 days and they told I will get it by mail within 2 months. This is ridiculous. I got my original driving license first time from 2000-2008. What type of immigration checks they do when I-485 pending for 5 years and with the recently approved H1-B?

Who can expect we don't get green for 7 years and renew DL every year?

Isn't it ridiculous that the state/federal government agencies do not have confidance in their own immigration system? They believe more in a "letter" given by a private party rather than the H1-B stamp put by them in the passport; that they gave you after purportedly going thru the LC process and after that lengthy 3-6 month approval process.

Someone has done a very good job of instilling fear in the majority of people that no one questions them when they see someone made to bend over and get reamed by them. Its all done in the name of security and freedom.

Its all a matter of $$$ for them.
And they definitely don't care for your inconvenience.