Applying citizenship after GC through CP

tito9

Registered Users (C)
I was working with my employer as Computer Analyst/Programmer & got my GC (Consulate processing) in April, 2004 through him. After a month my project was over. Neither me nor my employer had intentions of not working together again. We were expecting another project to start with the same client, which was postponed & finally cancelled around Oct, 2004 before it could start. I don’t have any salary slips after May, 2004.

I did not work with this employer or anyone else till Oct, 2005 (ie from Jun, 04 - Oct, 2005). All this time I was working for myself in financial field and filed my tax returns in time. I started working again as Analyst/Programmer in Nov, 2005 – till date.

Now my question is will there be a problem when I file for citizenship, since I was effectively working with GC sponsoring employer only for 1 month ? What are my options ? Any one with similar experience ?

IMHO - This should not be an issue. Chances are - they will not even ask you about it. If they do - just state the facts. If the interviewer asks for documentation - do the best you can to get requested evidence.

what sort of evidence should be fine to prove that myself & employer had all intentions of working together ?

Also will it not be an issue that I was self employed in financial field for 1 & 1/2 years after getting GC, altogether a different field than mentioned in GC application (though I am working as IT Analyst/Programmer for the last 4 years as mentioned in GC application).

Any similar experiences will be very much appreciated.

what sort of evidence should be fine to prove that myself & employer had all intentions of working together ?
There's nothing you can provide, other than proof that you actually worked for them after the GC approval (even if it was only for a short time).
Also will it not be an issue that I was self employed in financial field for 1 & 1/2 years after getting GC, altogether a different field than mentioned in GC application (though I am working as IT Analyst/Programmer for the last 4 years as mentioned in GC application).
Maybe, maybe not. But you did return to the IT field. All you can do is apply and see what happens. Or don't apply.

Last edited by a moderator: