Applying Ac 21 - Very Urgent - Please advice

GC12301975

Registered Users (C)
HI Gurus,

I am currently doing a travelling job which I cannot take it up anymore.
I got a job offer from a different company and i want to take this offer by filing AC 21.

My current company filed my 140/485 in May 2004. 140 got approved in Oct 2004 and 485 is pending since then (PD-Sept 2002, EB3, India).

I know that the job description should be similar to file the AC 21 and having a little bit of tough time. The new company is giving me hard time in giving me the offer letter with the current job desription. However, i requested them to mention atleast some similar responsibilities in the offer letter.

I really appreciate if someone could answer my below questions. For more detials about my case, please see my signature.

1. Apart from an offer letter, what else is required in order to apply AC 21?
2. Where can I get AC 21 form and could any one please send me the format and the matter to be included?
3. What are the documents that needs to be attached along with the AC 21 Form?

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue, of the new company not able to provide an exact Job Description, I finally decided not to file AC 21. Since this is not required, but something we can do. I did talk to 2/3 lawyers and they all suggested that it is ok not to file AC 21. Its up to you.

das

michvin said:
Really?
Are you sure we're not required to file ac21 if changing jobs?

It's taking a risk. Incase one gets an RFE or the old Company cancels your I-140 than you are in trouble..

Would strongly suggest to file AC-21 as I have seen cases in this forum (even the ones ex-exmployer didn't revoke the I-140) been sent an RFE / NOID by the CIS.

Also, search through the forums for the topics by hmd for format on the
AC-21 letters.