Apply or not to apply for DV 2007

memo

Registered Users (C)
do people think it is reasonable for ND's in late 2003 to apply for DV 2007? there doesn't seem to be any activiy for those dates yet. plz advise friends...

memo said:
do people think it is reasonable for ND's in late 2003 to apply for DV 2007? there doesn't seem to be any activiy for those dates yet. plz advise friends...

There is no charge for applying for DV lottery. I am going to apply anyways...so apply..who cares??

memo said:
i'm applying too. truth be told, i'd rather get the GC through lottery than asylum, given the complications of the latter. i've applied every year and plan on doing so this year too.

Well nothing is for free . I am trying DV lottery every year, as you see nothing. There are fees, $58 per year,and if you get 3 years than you get discout only $39,per Y.
I know 2 guys and one girl that won, one guy is olready citizen .
They making big $$ from DV lottery.

Care2much said:
Well nothing is for free . I am trying DV lottery every year, as you see nothing. There are fees, $58 per year,and if you get 3 years than you get discout only $39,per Y.

If someone is charging you a fee, You are being ripped off. Its free and has always been free. You can do it online!!! U.S dept of state doesn't charge you for a lottery..You have been paying bastard lawyers who make money off this..

Care2much said:
wantmygcnow is right. paying doesn't increase your chance of getting drawn for a GC through lottery. Do it yourself, online, and FREE!

wantmygcnow said:
If someone is charging you a fee, You are being ripped off. Its free and has always been free. You can do it online!!! U.S dept of state doesn't charge you for a lottery..You have been paying bastard lawyers who make money off this..
Boss cam down you must be verry mad at you lawyer and that make's you hate every lawyer "bastard" :D :D :D

lacoste said:
Boss cam down you must be verry mad at you lawyer and that make's you hate every lawyer "bastard" :D :D :D

Lacoste...Well its true. Lawyers should charge you fees where its valid. This is stupid if someone is paying for no reason...its its 10-12 bucks its ok..not 100's

wantmygcnow said:
There is no charge for applying for DV lottery. I am going to apply anyways...so apply..who cares??

Because you entered with a false passport and/or visa document, there is no point in applying. You cannot receive a green card except under a special program like asylum.

Where did you get that?

Your Right Honorable, please check the facts. The guy who posted about paying fees did not say that a lawyer charged him to do that. We know that there are a lot of cheats in the country or overseas who prey on those who have little information. But there was no allegation here that a lawyer did that.

A "lawyer" who charges fees for a filling out the DV form for a fee is in more trouble than anything s/he will gain. Most probably s/he is practicing without a license, is committing fraud or is moonlighting as one.

Cheerio

wantmygcnow said:
Lacoste...Well its true. Lawyers should charge you fees where its valid. This is stupid if someone is paying for no reason...its its 10-12 bucks its ok..not 100's