Apply for advance parole

Asylum 22

My asylum case is pending for final decision and I have to travel for some emergency reason and I want to apply for advance parole do I need invitation letter ?

Even i have the same query...my case is also pending and would like to travel out of usa but don't know what to do...my lawyer said no...Google says no...donno what to do...

Even i have the same query...my case is also pending and would like to travel out of usa but don't know what to do...my lawyer said no...Google says no...donno what to do...
Unwise to travel out of the USA with a pending asylum case, unless it's an emergency and you can prove it to asylum office. Asylum officers may deem your asylum case abandoned if you leave without advance parole which can take months to be approved.

Last edited:

Traveling outside the US without an approved AP card while your petition is pending will lead to a denial of that petition because it will be considered abandoned. In addition, CBP will most likely not re-admit you back into the US even if you still have some other valid status outside of your pending asylum case. If that status already expired, then you clearly don’t even have a valid visa to travel back into the US on to start with.