Apply EAD and advanced parole

GreenCardMA

Registered Users (C)
I went to Boston to apply my EAD and advanced parole this week. I went there last Wednesday around 8:30. I got my turn around 10 O'clock. They officer gave me approved notice for EAD immediately. But asked for my change status document(s) for parole. I didn't have it with me. So I had to go back yesterday. I wasted one day.
So if you want to apply advanced parole, please take all the documents, so you can approve that you have never been out of status. I wish some one told me this before. So I can save one day's time and expense.

Please suggest me

Hi,
Could you please suggest me what are all the forms and documents we need to carry to the INS Boston for EAD and AP renewal?

Thanks

What is change status document?

could you please elaborate on "change status document"? is it the same as I-485?

Thx.

Even AP extension can be applied in Boston JFK building?

I know EAD can be applied in Boston INS office (JFK building). But is it true that we can apply for AP extension also in the same office and get it done with in a day???

Please let me know.
I am planing to by Oct 1st week. My AP expires on Dec 16th 2002.

-Murugs.

Change status means that you changed to a different visa. Let's say you come here as J1 visa. Later you change to student visa F1. You have to file some petition with INS. That approval document is your change status document.
I mentioned in my previous posting that you need all the documents. Which mean you should be able to appove to INS that you never have been out of status. So you are eligible to advanced parole.

I went to Boston INS office to get my first EAD and Parole. I got both there at the spot. If you can renew EAD there, I don't think there should be any problem to renew parole there. Though it is just my opion.

Hope this answered all your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
First EAD/AP at Boston office?

I have applied for i-485, when i-140 is pending, after 3 months using the concurrent rule. I don't want to go through the lawyer for EAD and AP. Shall I still go and apply at Boston, when my 140 is pending?