Apply Canada PR Card from America

cooldami

Registered Users (C)
I am working in America with H1b. I landed Canada and got Landing Paper in June last year, and come back America immidiately. Now I want to apply PR card.

Is there a way like through attorney that I can apply it without go to Canada?

Do I have to pick card myself when it ready?

Is there any trouble in the process if I enter Canada once for applying it, and come back USA, then enter Canada again to pick the card.

Thanks. I need your help.

Is there a way like through attorney that I can apply it without go to Canada?

U need to go to canada to apply for it, get it attested there and also the PR cards photos need to be attested and signed by the photographer in canada

Do I have to pick card myself when it ready?

Yes

Is there any trouble in the process if I enter Canada once for applying it, and come back USA, then enter Canada again to pick the card.

No , just that the letter notifying you of the pick up will be on a canadian address only and may not give you enough "lead time" to plan your trip

Question to Ray S.

Hi Ray or fellow volunteers:
I am in US on 485 adjust. status with avance parole. I got my canadian PR (wife & kid also) in 2002 (March) went to Canada and applied to SIN card and came back to USA. Thats my background .
Here are the questions I have:
1.Can I apply for Maple card from USA or I must have to go to Canada to apply (3 plane tickets, Cannot escape this)?
2. Can some one in canada apply on behalf of me?
3. Do I need an appointment to apply for maple card (since my time has passed)?
4. How do I know my card is ready once I applied(since 800 number is not good in US)?
5.Do I have to go (along with family) again to pick our maple cards? or Some one whom I can disignate can pick up for me?
6. Finally, Do I have to face issues in the border with advance parole?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Wallstreet wizz

Re: Question to Ray S.

Originally posted by wallst_wizz
Hi Ray or fellow volunteers:
I am in US on 485 adjust. status with avance parole. I got my canadian PR (wife & kid also) in 2002 (March) went to Canada and applied to SIN card and came back to USA. Thats my background .
Here are the questions I have:
1.Can I apply for Maple card from USA or I must have to go to Canada to apply (3 plane tickets, Cannot escape this)?
2. Can some one in canada apply on behalf of me?
3. Do I need an appointment to apply for maple card (since my time has passed)?
4. How do I know my card is ready once I applied(since 800 number is not good in US)?
5.Do I have to go (along with family) again to pick our maple cards? or Some one whom I can disignate can pick up for me?
6. Finally, Do I have to face issues in the border with advance parole?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Wallstreet wizz

1. Normally No. Unless you can hire a public notary person from Canada to come to US to do the notarization
2. No. Because you need to do the notarization in front of a public notary person.
3. No. Just mail the application
4. They will send the notice to your Canada address (you need one)
5. Yes.
6. No unless you have unlawful residence record in the US in the past.

Thanks a lot

You answered all my questions. Can I go alone to pick our PR cards or do I need my wife and little baby with me to pick up the PR cards?

kind regards,
ww :)

One of my friend could not pick up the PR card for his wife. So, you and your wife will need to go there to pick up the cards. I hope that answers your question.

Thank you all

Thanks for answering. I was planning to go canada this weekend, and tried to download forms but some how , I cannot download IMM 5455. Do I need this form, or can I get it in canada? or do I have apply for this form on internet to canadian address and after that I neeed to go to Canada?. Please advice.

Thank you
Regards,
ww

YOU CAN NOT DOWNLOAD 5455, YOU NEED ORDER THE FORM OVER THE INTERNET. THEY WILL SEND IT TO YOUR CANADIAN ADDRESS. I GUESS YOU CAL ALWAYS WALK TO A CIC CENTER AND PICK UP THE FORM. YOU NEED TO USE A ORIGINAL FORM WHEN YOU APPLY FOR TEH CARD. THAT IS THE REASON YOU CAN NOT DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE INTERNET.