Applied June,2003 in NYC, Still pending..

OCEANID99

Registered Users (C)
I don't know if anyone here applied back in 2003 is still waiting for GC?

I had my interview in Garden city on August 11,2005 and I haven't heard anything ever since.

I called 1-800 , but they were just saying all we could do is to send an inquiry to NYC office, the best thing for you to do is to make a info pass and speak to an immigration officer.

Hoping to find my case status, I went to 26 Federal plaza today. After waiting for 4 hours, my # was called in Room 800. The woman just told me your case is still pending and you shouldn't come here. It's a waist of time. You should just call 1-800. I got confused. I don't know what to do. Please give me some advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi -
I filed in Oct'03 (130/485) , was interviewed in June 04 ...my case pending background check , i have contacted senator , congresman & USCIS everytime i get the same reply ...so i guess you are not the only one ..

Thanks

Sue the mother-f@ckers.
I am not sure, but I think if your application was pending for more than 2 years you may file the Writ of Mandamus. You may wanna do some research on this topic.
Also, write to your congressman/senator. I've heard it helped in some cases.
Also, file the FOIA with the FBI.
Sorry to hear about your long wait, mate. Hope your issue will be solved soon.

I contacted congressman too. They just sent me a letter saying my case is under security clearance and they don't want to make another call for me. :mad:

Dani, thanks for your advise.
1. file the Writ of Mandamus. Can you explain what that is?
2 Also, write to your congressman/senator. I did it and I am going to write to Hillary Clinton coz she is the senator for NYC.

3. Also, file the FOIA with the FBI. How can I do that?

Thank you for ur advise again.

OCEANID99 said:
I contacted congressman too. They just sent me a letter saying my case is under security clearance and they don't want to make another call for me. :mad:

That's just f......ed up! I am also wating, only for my conditions to be removed. It's been a year now, and nothing helps - no congressman, no calls to INS, nothing... People that sent their applications 5 months after me are getting approved, and I am still waiting... Where is the logic in all that?
:mad:

I had my AOS interview on 15th Feb 2006 at NYC. I-485 is based on marriage. Its already more than 90 days the status on the system shows pending. I was approved after the interview and the officer stamped my passport with I-551 stamp valid for 1 year. He said i would receive my GC in 4 weeks but its no where in sight. I haven't even received any approval notice or any welcome letter. Sent wrriten inquiry after 60 days and also after 90 days but no response. Took an info pass appointment and spoke to immigration officer. He made me fill inquiry form and said i will get some communication in few weeks. I had also file G731T and send letter to Senator and Congressmen but no luck.
Attorney has been trying to get status update but not successful.
Anyone with similar experience? Any thoughts on what could be going on.

I had my 2nd info pass appointment today. No luck. The officer looks at my I - 551 stamp and says thats ok but your case is still pending and you need to fill up one more inquiry form. I am not sure what is the deal with inquiry requests. The height of everything was when officer said my file was never at NYC office. It is in a different office. How is that possible as i interviewed in NYC office. Officer kind of asked me if i was sure it was in NYC or i was loosing it. I could not belive that.

The good thing is you got I-551 Stamp. I got nothing. The people work at 26 federal plaza have attitudes!! I really don't want to deal with them. :mad:

bunnybugs said:
I had my AOS interview on 15th Feb 2006 at NYC. I-485 is based on marriage. Its already more than 90 days the status on the system shows pending. I was approved after the interview and the officer stamped my passport with I-551 stamp valid for 1 year. He said i would receive my GC in 4 weeks but its no where in sight. I haven't even received any approval notice or any welcome letter. Sent wrriten inquiry after 60 days and also after 90 days but no response. Took an info pass appointment and spoke to immigration officer. He made me fill inquiry form and said i will get some communication in few weeks. I had also file G731T and send letter to Senator and Congressmen but no luck.
Attorney has been trying to get status update but not successful.
Anyone with similar experience? Any thoughts on what could be going on.

I had my 2nd info pass appointment today. No luck. The officer looks at my I - 551 stamp and says thats ok but your case is still pending and you need to fill up one more inquiry form. I am not sure what is the deal with inquiry requests. The height of everything was when officer said my file was never at NYC office. It is in a different office. How is that possible as i interviewed in NYC office. Officer kind of asked me if i was sure it was in NYC or i was loosing it. I could not belive that.

OCEANID99 said:
Dani, thanks for your advise.
1. file the Writ of Mandamus. Can you explain what that is?
2 Also, write to your congressman/senator. I did it and I am going to write to Hillary Clinton coz she is the senator for NYC.

3. Also, file the FOIA with the FBI. How can I do that?

Thank you for ur advise again.

No problem!

1. Ok, I think I misconstruded your info a bit - I think if your case has been pending for more than 2 years after the interview you can file it. But you had your interview in 2005, so that's not an option (again, I am not sure, but there's a thread about it on the forum, so check it out)
Writ of Mandamus is a basically a lawsuit that will take your case to the immigration court. After the Writ is filed, it is almost a 90% guarantee that you'll get your immigration benefits.

2. That's a good idea! Also you can try to complain to the USCIS ombudsman.
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0482.xml
May be that will help.

3. Here's the link for the FOIA (how to make a request):
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/foia/request.htm

Hope it helps.

Can we file WOM for I-485 ? How much does it cost & what are chances of wining when you have 100% clean background (which I do)?

Thoughts ?

I do get frustated sometimes with background check ...i know my background & I know they are just holding up people of no consequence in pending state for years...this shows how in effiecient this name check system is ! Grrrr......

Im still debating between...waiting or WOM ...not sure which is the best way to go things!

Thanks

OCEANID99 said:
I don't know if anyone here applied back in 2003 is still waiting for GC?

I had my interview in Garden city on August 11,2005 and I haven't heard anything ever since.

I called 1-800 , but they were just saying all we could do is to send an inquiry to NYC office, the best thing for you to do is to make a info pass and speak to an immigration officer.

Hoping to find my case status, I went to 26 Federal plaza today. After waiting for 4 hours, my # was called in Room 800. The woman just told me your case is still pending and you shouldn't come here. It's a waist of time. You should just call 1-800. I got confused. I don't know what to do. Please give me some advise.

Hi, Oceanid99! Here is my advise: call INS 800#, but do not press any button - you will be transferred to Spanish speaking rep. - they all speak English, but more useful then English speaking - believe me. You will answer few questions ("No") - the most important: that you didn't receive any notice from INS within last 90 days, - and then they will file "internal investigation", giving you a special referral number - you will receive respond within 30 days or call them back with this number - as a usually you will just receive your Fingerprint appt or even your Approval Notice - so your case will be "unfrozen" anyway - and it is exactly what you need. Good Luck!!!

Mila from Y said:
Hi, Oceanid99! Here is my advise: call INS 800#, but do not press any button - you will be transferred to Spanish speaking rep. - they all speak English, but more useful then English speaking - believe me. You will answer few questions ("No") - the most important: that you didn't receive any notice from INS within last 90 days, - and then they will file "internal investigation", giving you a special referral number - you will receive respond within 30 days or call them back with this number - as a usually you will just receive your Fingerprint appt or even your Approval Notice - so your case will be "unfrozen" anyway - and it is exactly what you need. Good Luck!!!

Mila, I need an advise too. I had my interview in October, 2005 since that day, NOTHING. I went to INS 3 times and I was told not to come anymore because it was just a weist of time. I was advised to write to an officer and I was given an address. That's what I did but I received my letter back with no explanation you know. I don't know if the address was wrong or something else. I also faxed the same letter, but I have no idea who got it. When I check my status online it shows that last time somebody looked at my case in December 2004!!! How is it possible? What does it mean? I plan to call INS tomorrow but I don't really believe that it will help. Congressman??? I heard that it helps but I don't know how to write/call him.
Any advice for me?

Mila,

Thank you so much for your help! I did get a referral number from them and I got a letter sent from NYC local office which says my name is not the same as on 485 application and requested supporting documents with my name on it. The letter didn't tell me how to send the documents. I will go to local offie in person and hand in my marriage license, passport etc. Actually I used my married name on all my documents, I don't know why they said my name is not the same as original application. Hope my case will not be "frozen".

Estrella77 said:
Mila, I need an advise too. I had my interview in October, 2005 since that day, NOTHING. I went to INS 3 times and I was told not to come anymore because it was just a weist of time. I was advised to write to an officer and I was given an address. That's what I did but I received my letter back with no explanation you know. I don't know if the address was wrong or something else. I also faxed the same letter, but I have no idea who got it. When I check my status online it shows that last time somebody looked at my case in December 2004!!! How is it possible? What does it mean? I plan to call INS tomorrow but I don't really believe that it will help. Congressman??? I heard that it helps but I don't know how to write/call him.
Any advice for me?

www.congress.org
or
www.senate.gov
also try www.visi.com/juan/congress

Search by zip code. Your senator/congressman should have a web-page with special forms and sample letters you can download.

GCWaitLA said:
Can we file WOM for I-485 ? How much does it cost & what are chances of wining when you have 100% clean background (which I do)?

Thoughts ?

I do get frustated sometimes with background check ...i know my background & I know they are just holding up people of no consequence in pending state for years...this shows how in effiecient this name check system is ! Grrrr......

Im still debating between...waiting or WOM ...not sure which is the best way to go things!

Thanks

ppl really feel bad....

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=1&pp=15

this is more of a bible....have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
June 19th finally there is a status update online saying your welcome notice was mailed on June 16th 2006.
Now i am waiting to receive it. Also there is an update on i-130 saying approved on june 16th 2006.
This is finally getting over i guess.