Applied I-485 in 2004, Today LUD change on 1-485 and I-131 AP

JustGC007

Registered Users (C)
Applied I-485 in 2004, Today LUD change on 1-485 and I-131(AP).

1) Is this because I will be getting a finger print Notice?
2) Is this because the employer revoked the I-140 approval?
3) Or some thing fishy going on?
4) How can we check if the I-140 has been revoked or not?

Gurus any suggestion, Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
JustGC007 said:
Applied I-485 in 2004, Today LUD change on 1-485 and I-131(AP).

1) Is this because I will be getting a finger print Notice?
2) Is this because the employer revoked the I-140 approval?
3) Or some thing fishy going on?

-------------- it can be anything nobody can give you a good guess
4) How can we check if the I-140 has been revoked or not?

--------- check online status with I-140 reciept#
Gurus any suggestion, Thanks in advance.

I-140

Thanks Ginnu

How can we check if the I-140 is revoked or not, some body suggested that we should check the status online. Is this the only way we can check the status? I had left the company long back, and presently I am working for a different company. No I need to send a AC-21 or it does not matter?

Thanks

JustGC007 said:
Thanks Ginnu

How can we check if the I-140 is revoked or not, some body suggested that we should check the status online.
--------- if you have I-140 reciept# check online status( status is not 100% perfect)
Is this the only way we can check the status?
--yes
I had left the company long back, and presently I am working for a different company.
-------- you did not post if you left after I-485 was pending more than 180 days and I-140 was approved. if left after I-485 pending more than 180 days and I-140 was approved why not to invoke AC21????
No I need to send a AC-21 or it does not matter?
------------- many are getting NOID, many say wait till you get RFE but what is the harm if you file AC21 now? what is holding you back? if you get NOID then you may have to spend more with lawyer and NOID letter may ask more documents. take new employer letter for future permanent job offer with same/similar skills and Invoke AC21. you can take the services of new company lawyer to send AC21 and he can represent you for your I-485. if you have not changed lawyer then any RFE, NOID may go to lawyer who filed I-485.
did you changed your address on pending I-485 by writing to USCIS and calling 1800?? if not do it

Thanks

Thanks Ginnu,

I left the company more than 18 months after my I-485 was applied and I-140 was approved 6 months befor i left.

I had a talk with company lawyer at the time i left the company and they said it is fine even if we dont apply for AC21 now. So I did not do it.

Do we need a lawyer to apply for AC21?

JustGC007 said:
Thanks Ginnu,

I left the company more than 18 months after my I-485 was applied and I-140 was approved 6 months befor i left.

I had a talk with company lawyer at the time i left the company and they said it is fine even if we dont apply for AC21 now. So I did not do it.

--------------if get NOID lawyer will ask for more money. what is the harm if you invoke AC21 without RFE or NOID?
Do we need a lawyer to apply for AC21?
----------- that is upto you

I-140

Thanks Ginnu and rp1740 this was ready an eye opener.

1) Do I-140 LUD and the message change if the I-140 is revoked?
2) Who receives the RFE / NOID or ?? , Just the Lawyer or Both you and your Lawyer?

Last edited by a moderator: