Applied For I140 on 09/18/03- H1 is expiring on Oct 1 2003

hprabhu

Registered Users (C)
hi All,
I am in the US since Feb 98 and My H1 is expiring on 1 October 2003 . My company has applied for a H1 extension but I am not Sure if they have specifically applied for a 7th year extension .
In the case that they havent done so . WIll I get a H1 extension till Feb 04 ?
Thanks

Apply for AOS/EAD

Explain the scenario to your employer and ask them to file for concurrent AOS and EAD.

Also there are provisions where u can get a interim EAD in a day . Go thru the posts for more info.

-dyno

Hi I have a similar case, My current employer has applied for labor back in AUG 2001, It was approved and applied for 140 and 485 concurrently and got EAD approved. The twist is my current H1-B is expiring 10/15/02. I still have one more year for six year period. Is it better to use EAD or apply for extension? If used EAD and some thing happens to my job, Can I get H1 from some other employer? If applied for H1 extension and some thing happens to my job before 140 approved, can a new employer apply for H1 extension based on the fact that my labor was applied well before one year period? Any help will be greatly appreciated