Application is with the officer

greatgc

Registered Users (C)
I called up USCIS, some guy was on line, he seemed funny and friendly.

He said, my application is with the officer for one of the following two things:
Biometric appointment issue OR
case processing.

He said, if the officer thinks i need to redo FP, he will send an appointment letter. He also said, they have my every thing picture, signature and FP in their system.

So is a contradictory msg..

I called NSC and asked about the status for my I-485 and was told a service request would be opened and someone would get back to me in 45 days. That was in June, 2008. In late July 2008, I got an email from NSC stating that my case was assigned to an officer.

EB2 India I-485: RD 04/2007, LUD 05/2007 (after finger printing)
I-140 RD: 03/2006 AD 12/2006 (non-concurrent)

I was under the impression that my case would at least get a soft update (date change only), if it has been truly assigned to an officer. Since that has not happened, I am wondering if there is any truth to response I got from opening the service request.

I was also under the impression from a year ago or so, that once the case is assigned to an officer, you saw a soft update and then when the officer started working on your case you saw one or more soft/hard updates and then within three months you got an answer on your application.

I have stayed out of touch from this forum for a while, so please tell me what may be going on with my case. NSC is currently processing Aug. 2007 cases and my RD is May 2007. Do I-485 cases get assigned to officers and they don't work on it for months on end now? A backlog in itself? Are they really issuing GCs even if name check has not cleared? I still can't get anyone to tell me if my name check has cleared or not. Anyway I can get someone to confirm that my case is really with an officer per the service request reply?

Too many questions, need some answers please.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
GiveMeMyGC

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you at TSC?
YES.

To be honest, instead of coming across lady IOs, that are mostly frustrated of life, talking to this energetic guy was nice change :).

Congratulations greatgc, atleast .. some thing is better than nothing. Good luck.

I called up USCIS, some guy was on line, he seemed funny and friendly.

He said, my application is with the officer for one of the following two things:
Biometric appointment issue OR
case processing.

He said, if the officer thinks i need to redo FP, he will send an appointment letter. He also said, they have my every thing picture, signature and FP in their system.

So is a contradictory msg..

What number did you call?

Hi Guys,
What number did you call? My PD is DEC 2004 and I see approvals from 2005 and 2006. I really wnat to know what is going on with my application.
Please let me know. My application is with NSC.

He is the best. He tells me people talk to him even years after their GCs get approved. Yay, for more officers like that!

I got similar response this morning

After waiting for so many years, I decided to call NSC this morning. A nice friendly lady picked up the phone and asked me a fews details to verify identity. Then she told me that my case was with an officer and i would get a response in next 30 days. I asked her about the category of my pending case (EB3 vs EB2) - I initially submitted 485 under EB3 and later got a EB2 approval from current company. She told me that when the office looks at the file which ever is most beneficial (PD wise), that will be used and not to worry.

PD from first LCA : Feb 2002
I-140 (EB3) RD : Nov 2004
I-485 RD : Nov 2004
I-140 (EB3) AD : May 2005
PD from PERM : Mar 2005
I-140 (EB2) RD : June 2007
I-140 (EB2) AD : Oct 2007
RFE : July 2007 (went to old attorneys - then corrected attorney on record)
Responded to : Aug 2007
I-485 AD : ???

Multiple FP appointements.

What number did you call?

What numbers did you call to get intouch with an IO?

After waiting for so many years, I decided to call NSC this morning. A nice friendly lady picked up the phone and asked me a fews details to verify identity. Then she told me that my case was with an officer and i would get a response in next 30 days. I asked her about the category of my pending case (EB3 vs EB2) - I initially submitted 485 under EB3 and later got a EB2 approval from current company. She told me that when the office looks at the file which ever is most beneficial (PD wise), that will be used and not to worry.

PD from first LCA : Feb 2002
I-140 (EB3) RD : Nov 2004
I-485 RD : Nov 2004
I-140 (EB3) AD : May 2005
PD from PERM : Mar 2005
I-140 (EB2) RD : June 2007
I-140 (EB2) AD : Oct 2007
RFE : July 2007 (went to old attorneys - then corrected attorney on record)
Responded to : Aug 2007
I-485 AD : ???

Multiple FP appointements.

I used the standard POJ technique - the curstomer service number followed by some choices. Please search the forum for POJ technique and it will present many related threads.

I called NSC today morning and also talked a nice lady. She asked my receipt number and name. She also told me that my case was with an officer and I should get an answer within 60 days. I think IOs are giving this stereotype answers to everybody who calls them.

I think IOs are giving this stereotype answers to everybody who calls them.

HAHAHA

You MAY Be right, but let us enjoy that we are close to the closure :).

In my case, my congressman's office is watching every move the TSC makes over my case! I have decided, if I really get GC due to their help ,I will donate some amount to this congressman's funds to help others...

While it lasts, this GC game has been very "interesting" so far, I must say, I have learnt a lot about systems, governments and the law while doing so..

I too suspected that after realizing that many people got very similar answer.. Only God knows when the GC wait will end. He will give it at the right time.

I called TSC and got my friendly IO. He said he hand carried my application to the Supervisor. Very nice of him, but no movement yet on the 485. At least not that I can see.

I called yesterday again just to confirm (I havd never called twice within 3 months period before) after being suspicious of the response given on the first day. A friendly lady I/O took my receipt number and did some search and again told me that it is current with an officer and wait for 30 - 60 days.

I called yesterday again just to confirm (I havd never called twice within 3 months period before) after being suspicious of the response given on the first day. A friendly lady I/O took my receipt number and did some search and again told me that it is current with an officer and wait for 30 - 60 days.

At least you got some consistent answer from NSC IO. I will try to call NSC again tomorrow morning and see what they say.

friend-fest going on @ TSC/NSC?
Guess it is U at the VB !!
Have gotten same answer over last 7 calls !
And no reply to 2 SRs opened 3 months ago.
Whatever.

I called up aghain today to see what is going on. This time lady took all of details put me on hold for 10 mins and said that the file in not with an office at this time - NOT to my suprise.